Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's It Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan7
Are you suggesting I'm one of them???
Well, I was speaking in reference to what he should realistically be prepared to get for his vehicle. With respect to what you paid, I really wasn't trying to go there, but...

Personally, I wouldn't have paid what you did, but the '04s are certainly some of the nicest of the D2's and one with such low mileage certainly would come at a premium. IMO, sinking $18k into a nearly 10 year old '04 D2 that can't do anything my that '99 (also a daily driver) can't do for far less than 1/2 the investment isn't a great idea.

But hey, it's your money. Hopefully KenR (the OP) can find a buyer just like you.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

All good...just giving you a hard time. This is my dream car (the 04 SE7 in particular) and I plan to keep it for the long haul.

I actually almost bought one (check was in the mail) for $14,500, but it had 36K miles. Low mileage one's are indeed hard to find, but they're out there.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghaniba
Good luck with the sale, Ken. These trucks aren't for the feint of heart, for sure! When I finally decided to pull the trigger, I had told myself that at no point shall I ever require it to be running.

I've had to remind myself of this a few times now where it's sat, undrivable.

I don't take it out when I need to be at a destination. I won't take it out if I have to be anywhere at any certain time. I won't even take it out in the rain now.

It's funny, having a vehicle as unreliable as these, yet still enjoying it. It's like a dog that only sometimes wants to bite people.

Dave
Right on! Funny, I had this same attitude when I bought the rig a few years ago. I guess I'm getting much less tolerant of mechanical BS as I get older. For me, the enjoyment I got out of driving it as little as I did (just 15,000 miles over 2 years) wasn't worth it. The fun/cost-per-mile was way skewed in my case but everyone is different.

I totally hear you guys about parting it out - it really would be the best way to recover some of the investment I've got into it. Other than the time and space restrictions, if I were to go that route however, I'd end up with an immoveable hulk of a car once the tires were sold. I don't have any of the original parts.

To me it's just too big of a PITA to deal with and I want to get this one as far behind me as possible.

Thanks all!

Last edited by KenR; 04-24-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And it's sold! Fair price for the buyer and the seller and we both walked away happy. Thank you everyone that responded in this thread for your comments and guidance.

And thanks to the administrators of this forum. It was nice to have such a knowledgeable group of enthusiasts to learn from when I bought my rig. You guys are great.

Signing off-
KenR