Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why i like my Dsco II

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why i like my Dsco II

I dont get on here to often but I was driving my 2000 D II home from work and I was really enjoying it. I bought it about two yers ago and had to do a few things to it but it was pretty well taken care of and it is loaded with almost every option Land Rover offered.
I had to put new arnott air bags, charged the A/C, replaced the drive belt, clean it the way I like it to be cleaned.
I love this thing. Heated seats are a god send. Im in Colorado and it is snowing and cold. The all wheel drive rocks, the hill decent is cool and my 11 year old loves. She calls it Landy. She like to drive it as well. I work the pedals she works the wheel.
It has the three amigo and it leaks a little oil and coolant but that is fine. It isn't that bad. I always say that it was built on tue, wed or thurs because it has so few things wrong with it. Why those days. Everybody has gotten over their hangover from the weekend and they are still suffering on monday and the monday blues and they weren't rushing to finish on friday.
here is the thing. My lady and I just bought a brand new Kia Optima. What a great car. Fast(turbo), comffy, beautiful and has a great interior. What do the lady and I do. we argue over who is going to drive Landy. The ride is nice, your up high, comfy seats, you feel secure. Well I get the optima for the rest of the week. That was the agreement. We take turns with Landy. Like a divorced couple with a kid sharing custody.
If you have some mechanical skill and you find a nice Landy, Go for it. Fix the things you can, spend a little cash and enjoy. Hopefully you get a good one like I did. Just wanted to share.