Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife's Disco Died, need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 04:34 PM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is heading to the Rover shop in Kennett Square mentioned previously either this evening or this weekend. I just don't have the time to deal with it. My friend, who trailered it to Delaware, wants it off of his trailer.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:14 PM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**UPDATE**
I got a known good used Bosch air flow meter for $16 on ebay- swapped it in and it fired right up and ran great. The only code that I pulled was for an air mass meter code, so I replaced it. The shop that worked on it in Renovo, PA hacked it pretty good. It is missing some of the air pump plumbing, battery cover, some brackets, C-clamps holding the downpipes to the manifold, disconnected vacuum lines, etc. Sadly my buddy Jeff was charged for some work that wasn't completed. I offered the vehicle back for what I had into it (tow and air flow meter), and take a trip to the local pick n pull to replace some missing items. Its a really nice Disco. If they do not want it, I am going to fix some of the Renovo, PA garage hack issues and may keep it for myself for a while.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:35 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by MRausch82
**UPDATE**
I got a known good used Bosch air flow meter for $16 on ebay- swapped it in and it fired right up and ran great. The only code that I pulled was for an air mass meter code, so I replaced it. The shop that worked on it in Renovo, PA hacked it pretty good. It is missing some of the air pump plumbing, battery cover, some brackets, C-clamps holding the downpipes to the manifold, disconnected vacuum lines, etc. Sadly my buddy Jeff was charged for some work that wasn't completed. I offered the vehicle back for what I had into it (tow and air flow meter), and take a trip to the local pick n pull to replace some missing items. Its a really nice Disco. If they do not want it, I am going to fix some of the Renovo, PA garage hack issues and may keep it for myself for a while.

Good result, well done.

The following users liked this post:
MRausch82 (01-25-2017)