Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wiper Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windshield Wiper Issues

I purchased some SilBlades too from Expedition Exchange online and I'm not really all that impressed with them. I installed them last week and used them yesterday for the first time. They fit great but when it's raining/snowing the right wiper misses a good portion of the window. It's like the wiper doesn't make contact with the window on that one particular spot. I'm probably going to return them, but because I live in Canada I'll most likely have to pay the return postage fee so maybe it's better to just leave them in the garage. Think I'll just stick with the factory blades and order them from LR. They cost more but at least I know they'll work!

Oh and in regard to your wipers taking a few minutes to activate, I think it's just due to the cold. Mine do the same thing - when it's cold out and I switch them on it takes a good 30 seconds before they start up. However if I adjust the speed to the next setting they work right away. Apparently a few other people on here have noticed the same thing. Although if yours are taking more than a minute that sounds a little odd and could possibly be the switch...

Old 12-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windshield Wiper Issues

Update:

Okay so I received an email back from John at Expedition Exchange and for any of you who have purchased SilBlade wipers and noticed that it doesn't have an even swipe across your windshield here's his reply:

The silblade must actually hinge on the wiper arm to obtain an even swipe. This may sound weird at first, but it does.[/align] [/align] Checking for proper hinging is simple. Simply lift the wiper arm and check the blade for proper hinging effect where the wiper blade assembly is connected to the wiper arm.[/align] [/align] I'm guessing your wipers will not hinge freely, which is probably why you're not getting an even swipe across your windscreen.[/align] [/align] Getting the wiper to hinge is not difficult. Just remove the wiper blade from the arm and make sure the mating surfaces are nice and clean.[/align] [/align] If you're still not getting an even swipe after that, try squeezing the silblade in the middle, where the silblade meets the wiper arm. It should hinge freely after that.[/align] [/align] [align=left]John Lee[/align] [align=left]http://www.ExpeditionExchange.com

...I haven't tried this yet myself so no promises that it'll work but worth a try nonetheless! Best of luck!
[/align]