Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y114 ABS Shuttle Valve Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Y114 ABS Shuttle Valve Switch

I took my Disco to a Rover Shop (not dealer) for the ABS Descent TC lights. The code he wrote down was Y114 (I think that's right... His handwriting is hard to make out) ABS shuttle valve switch. He told me he cleaned the connections which may help, but if that doesn't resolve the issue it may require the valve box which could run me a grand. Incidentally, before he cleaned the connections the lights were coming on about once or twice a day. Since I left his place 6 hours ago it's come on at least 5 times. Any of this making sense to any of you or should I be letting someone else look at it?

Old 07-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Y114 ABS Shuttle Valve Switch

Following up: I have driven it quite a bit today but the 3 lights only came on twice (once while driving, once while idling with my foot off the brake pedal). In other words it seems to be a lot better than yesterday afternoon, but about the same as before. Is it possible that whatever he used to clean the connections could have caused the 3 lights to come on so much?

Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Mudding

need an abs modulator it leaks brake fluid and ruins the switches need a new one not a rebuild i can find one for around 450.00

Old 08-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: rinmud

need an abs modulator it leaks brake fluid and ruins the switches need a new one not a rebuild i can find one for around 450.00

That's interesting. The warning lights aren't coming on much at all now... Will it hurt anything to let it ride as it is for a month or two as long as it's doing OK?

Are you a supplier of Rover parts or were you just letting me know they can be found for that amount?

Old 08-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Mudding

Update: My ABS, Descent, and Traction lights haven't come on in days so I guess that the tech at the Rover shop knew what he was doing. Very cheap fix and he could have made me spend a lot more money if he weren't so honest. He's in Western North Carolina in a town called "Swannanoa". Shop is called "Torque" if you want to look him up. Places like that are hard to find these days.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:10 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did the tech do to fix the lights??

Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Mudding

The way he described it was that there is an ABS valve box that can get dirty connections. I assume that dirty equals clogged and stuck. All he said he did was take it apart and clean the connections, and that with this particular code that would work about 50% of the time. About 30 miles after I left his shop the lights started coming on a minute or two after every engine start. That lasted the rest of the day and I thought he had really messed it up. Several days later I'm getting no lights. It's working perfectly now. The down side was that if that fix didn't work, then I would have to have a new valve box which would cost around a grand from the stealership. Sorry my description is not very technical - He was trying to make it easy for me to understand so he left out the big words. Hope it helps.