Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And yet another question regarding door locks not working.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And yet another question regarding door locks not working.

First Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

I have a 2000 land rover discovery 2 with a few problems.
The most annoying is the door locks.
When I first got the truck I would push the lock unlock button all I get nothing no sound at all, I replaced all of the fuses associated with the door locks including the 50 amp one just to make sure. Now when I push the button i get a click noise (like the are trying to unlock) none of the door locks open or close.
I have changed all of the fuses including the 50 amp one.
Can all 5 locks need replacing? Is there anything I may have missed? Are there any test I can do?

Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update I got the battery in my remote change and when I use the remote I still hear the clicking noise like it wants to lock and the lights flash. But when I try to "unlock" the car the lights just flash I have to unlock then lock the doors then unlock them with the key to be able to get the truck started. Again any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The door locks actually have small motors in them. One locks/unlocks, the other is the "super lock" motor that disables all the inside door handles as well. IMHO it would be unusual to have all mechanically fail at one time, usually we have complaints of one or two not working.

Attached is electrical schematic from the RAVE shop manual set (whole set is free download below). Look at each page and note the fuse numbers, because there are some under the hood and some inside the truck that could be involved. Beyond that, you will have to start taking a door apart to get to a lock; or the "intelligent" fuse block under the dash with the control module that locks/unlocks the doors (IDM).

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
output.pdf010.pdf (785.9 KB, 212 views)