Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Discover Sport Woes and Issues...

Old 11-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Discover Sport Woes and Issues...

For the early adopters on here who have their vehicle for some time and with some mileage... Have you encountered any issues or have you been stranded at any point? Visits for glitches or bugs or anything other than routine maintenance?

Old 11-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Rock Crawling

Since no one has responded, it may be a positive sign that these vehicles are not troublesome or problematic (yet)...

Old 11-29-2016, 03:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Since no one has responded, it may be a positive sign that these vehicles are not troublesome or problematic (yet)...
None would be out of warranty yet, give it a few years.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for almost a year and have not had an issue!

Old 03-03-2017, 02:21 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by loanrangie
None would be out of warranty yet, give it a few years.
Issues and problems occur during the warranty period too... Especially on a new model.

Originally Posted by umwolverine
I've had mine for almost a year and have not had an issue!
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Overlanding

Just picked up an HSE LUX 2017 and no issues in the 1st week =P

Old 07-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Rock Crawling

Update. 2017 LR Discovery Sport. 4700 miles.

On a road trip approximately 170 miles from home and about 80 miles away from closest LR dealership.

Normal driving, 80 degree weather, on and off rain with 1/4 tank of fuel. Pull in to rest area to use restrooms and grab a Starbucks coffee along with some breakfast pastries. We get back into the vehicle and head off on our journey... accelerating on to the freeway a flashing check engine light occurs and before I can pull over the vehicle is bucking like bronco and feels as if you're driving over rumble strips. As I decelerate the vehicle hums and the navigation/screen goes black. I pull over. Shut off the vehicle. Wait a few moments while contemplating options then put the vehicle into the "ON" position... depress the accelerating and hold (hoping this is like other vehicle and it resets TB and driving characteristics to factory spec). Limp the vehicle to next rest area and fill up the tank. Use restroom again in case the Disco becomes our hotel, search for closest LR dealer and limp the vehicle to our destination. LR is not able to accommodate us immediately because of short notice and because it is not the most active LR dealership so they do not have many loaners or techs on hand. I am told to leave the vehicle off for 30 minutes and then return to allow it to idle for approximately 15 mins. Then call back to report. Long story short the CEL never returned. The bucking and juddering never returned. Vehicle is going in to the dealership tomorrow.

Typically something like this is indicative of a failing or failed coil pack... the troubling portion about this is that it never returned. If it were a hardware failure then the issue should still be present but it is not. Dealer has chalked it up to "bad fuel" at this point before seeing and scanning and giving a more accurate answer. The question they could not answer is why was I able to drive nearly 200 miles on "bad fuel" without issue only until I burned through 3/4 of a tank. They did not have an answer and said diagnosis could be made after scanning and troubleshooting. My theory is that maybe some rain/water got into the coil pack and it created a temporary issue until it evaporated or maybe it was simply a software glitch but if anyone has any similar issues please post because I am curious to know what the outcome was.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

A failing coil will often fail temporarily under extreme conditions first (like merging onto the highway under boost), but they usually rapidly degrade after that. Everything aside from it not coming back seems to indicate a coil. I think you may be right, maybe a loose connection somewhere and the rain got in and shorted it out.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Rock Crawling

Turns out to be low pressure fuel sensor and coil pack. They completed oil change and some updates while it was in for service. Issue has not returned since.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:15 AM
2nd Gear

Bought brand new 2016 Disco Sport last year, found out the B pillar rattling issue since March 2017, been in and out dealer over 10 times, problem is still not solved! JLR refuses to buy back my car just because there is no Lemon law in Canada.What worse is that JRL knows this rattling sounds issue only appears when the temperature is above 15 degree, so they deliberately delayed the repair process until Nov and the temperature here in Ottawa gets below 10 and told me the problem is solved. IT IS NOT! Even I told JLR that my wife is pregnant and due in December, I need a car without problem to drive her safely during the severe weather in Ottawa, they still don't show the least humane sympathy, feeling so cold as a loyal customer.After all what I ask is just to trade in my car and give me a new Disco Sport, JLR only needs to pay the difference, I am still willing to give LR a try and stay with the brand, but even that is refused, unbelievable!