Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Discovery 2 LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

And back in business gentlemen sorry about the glitch

The following users liked this post:
Best4x4 (06-16-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 11:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

After over a month, FINALLY back on this project and hoping to finish ASAP.

I've intake to figure which is no problem.

THE WIRING however I've no idea what I'm doing. I've mostly installed the LS harness on the engine side at this point and today I'll see how far I can get before I'm at a blank again.

whowa004 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 11:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Does anyone else's flex plate whistle above 1500 rpm? It took me quite a while to track down this noise. I've replace intake manifold and gaskets, ran with the serpentine belt off and the noise was always there when I revved the engine. With help, I was able to take a stethoscope to the underside while the engine was revved and found the noise coming from inside the bell housing. With some trusty duct tape to temporarily cover the open holes on the flex plate, the noise is completely gone. Unfortunately the tape doesn't last long with the heat generated and the noise comes back. Curious if anyone else has run into this. Here is a pic of the flex plate. Holes circled are not covered by the torque converter.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Rock Crawling

Interesting find. We could fill it with some JB weld or put nylon hardware in it perhaps.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:20 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

it took some work but I got it in there 4 core aluminum for a 87 monte carlo and 30 row trans and engine oil cooler and electric fans behind both coolers and radeator

The following 2 users liked this post by 2002 beast:
Matt Brown (06-29-2020), whowa004 (07-01-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 12:16 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rackolamb1
Has anyone else had to clearance the bell housing for the front driveshaft? If so, how much material did you remove? I don't have much room there and I get an occasional noise if I hit a sharp bump. Confirmed it's this location as I can see where it is hitting. Thanks.
yes, even with a lift you will need to grind down the bellhousing for more clearance

Old 07-01-2020, 07:43 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im trying to get in touch with the manufacturer. i need to speak with them ASAP. my sons disco block is shot and we are looking at the LS conversion, but i have questions before i order. i have been trying to contact them for several days via thier website but have had no response... the phone number listed on google for the company is no longer in service.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by yardpro
Im trying to get in touch with the manufacturer. i need to speak with them ASAP. my sons disco block is shot and we are looking at the LS conversion, but i have questions before i order. i have been trying to contact them for several days via thier website but have had no response... the phone number listed on google for the company is no longer in service.
he no longer sells to individuals/private party. He only sells to shops now. Best to try contacting him and asking which shops he sells the kit to and where you can pay to have it done

Old 07-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Rock Crawling

OK,

Last mission remains,

ECM still needs to be programmed, I reached out online to a few recommended, no responses! I called about ten shops locally, they all want the vehicle there to program it...... well that doesn't work very well for me since it doesn't run yet.

Anyone have the ability to program my ECM or know of some more options I can try? I'm SOOOOO close now to having thus run!

Many thanks in advance,
-Greg.

Jacob81 (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 10:30 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2K
OK,

Last mission remains,

ECM still needs to be programmed, I reached out online to a few recommended, no responses! I called about ten shops locally, they all want the vehicle there to program it...... well that doesn't work very well for me since it doesn't run yet.

Anyone have the ability to program my ECM or know of some more options I can try? I'm SOOOOO close now to having thus run!

Many thanks in advance,
-Greg.
Greg,

use brennen/Brandon or whatever at LT1swap.com. He is still actively programming and does it full time. He will not respond to emails because he states on the site he is still programming. Just send your ecu with all the info requested and he will perform the tuning and return to you. Turnaround has always been about a week for me.

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 LS Conversion