Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

05 Freelander v6 crank hard start

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Freelander v6 crank hard start

2005 v6 freelander w/91k. Issue is a crank hard start. Brand new plugs, a couple new coils, new alternator, new battery, swaped fuel pump...hard start cranks and will eventually start after about 5-10 seconds of hard cranking. The hard start was occuring and I was going to replace fuel pump next day, all the sudden the alternator went, tried replacing the battery first. I then swaped out the fuel pump. Still have hard start issue. If I prime the engine about 3x before start it fires up quicker but still sounds awful at start up. I do have a cat code in the front bank closest to radiator, dont really think that would cause an issue with the start...runs excellent after the hard start, has excellent pedal response. To be honest I have not checked any relays yet. I have purchased a brand new fuel filter and have not installed it yet. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N8Train
2005 v6 freelander w/91k. Issue is a crank hard start. Brand new plugs, a couple new coils, new alternator, new battery, swaped fuel pump...hard start cranks and will eventually start after about 5-10 seconds of hard cranking. The hard start was occuring and I was going to replace fuel pump next day, all the sudden the alternator went, tried replacing the battery first. I then swaped out the fuel pump. Still have hard start issue. If I prime the engine about 3x before start it fires up quicker but still sounds awful at start up. I do have a cat code in the front bank closest to radiator, dont really think that would cause an issue with the start...runs excellent after the hard start, has excellent pedal response. To be honest I have not checked any relays yet. I have purchased a brand new fuel filter and have not installed it yet. Thanks in advance.
KV6 continued...
new alternator,battery,plugs,coils,fuel pump and filter,intake gaskets kit,starter,cat(x)2,o2

still has hard start, cranks,smells like fuel, eventually start. Sends p0420 p0302 p0304 p1300, good fuel pressure, brand new battery...