Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Electrical problems - freelander v6

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:19 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems - freelander v6

Hi guys im new to this forum.. im not sure if this is the right place to post this ! so my apologies in advance

So basically i have a landrover freelander 2001 auto - v6
SRS light stays on
ABS light stays on
Hill descent warning light stays on
Front wiper blades dont work ( also the water doesnt spray out )

now some history about my car.. the car use to always start, and when driven a little, once its turned off it wont start again for a few hours (until it has cooled down).
I got it diagnosed with a computer scanner, it came up with a crankshaft sensor error. that was replaced. Problem still occured. Rescanned the computer. Camshaft sensor error. That was replaced. Now the problem has gone. But the problems mentioned above are still there. and its driving me insane !!
i dont think any of the fuses are blown. i checked the wiper blade fuses. they were okay. but something weird was that i bought a fuse tester (light shows up if fuse is working). and when testing some fuses (including the wiper blade fuse) there is no light showing up. although the fuse is perfect. and i even replaced it just to make sure.
so some fuses seem to be functioning, and some are not. even though the fuses are perfect. i dont know whats going on. any urgent help would be greatly appreciated !
my main problem is fixing the wiper blades as they are a road hazard.

thank you

Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Here's a page from the RAVE, wiring diagram, there is more than one fuse, plus the front wiper relay, plus the CCU module, plus what the rest of us have; the stalk switch. A fuse can look perfect but have a hairline crack or severed end hidden by the case. But it either conducts electricity or it does not, and that is the issue.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
free wipers.pdf (651.4 KB, 146 views)