Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Engine bearings

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine bearings

Freelander 2.5
How can you know which bearing to buy if the marking is gone?
I was told there are 5 bearing selection.
Mains / Rods are faded

Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you aint gonna get squat. those engines are made anymore and no one makes parts. its a used engine that will break sooner rather then later.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 AM
4th Gear

Whats wrong with your reply? all I asked was how can you determine the correct bearing that was installed at factory without the markings simce bearings color marking faded off.
nothing is wrong with the engine just doing inspection since it was due for timing job. I have a shop so its nothing to pull motors.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 AM
TReK

Sorry but you don't know squat about freelanders then. They all break down and need engines sooner rather then later. And good piece of advice, better install new tensioner or else it will break soon after and you will eat the engine.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 AM
4th Gear

lol what is your problem? why are you challenging my knowledge of what I know or not. the many freelanders we did never had issues for warranty concerns after the belt jobs we do. your responds are funny. its logic an engine cant eat itself if their is not a problem to begin with. the main people who do have problem never even did a belt job or they try to play cheap and run it till a problem happens. its all logic physics.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
TReK

Because if you really knew anything about these vehicles and motors you would know that you don't individual engine parts anymore and more importantly the rebuilt motors are all junk. They recycled crap upon crap upon crap. If you knew. You must just be a foreign shop with no real experience on land rovers just timing belts. If you did, you wouldn't have asked the question. Its guys like you that dealer techs have to educate cause they think they know rovers yet they only worked on a few parts. Real land rover independants don't ask questions here. They might personally ask us full time techs but they won't ask in a general forum. Plus they have their inside dealer guys that they can talk with. When we get a call from them we take the time to talk to them and research their problems. We do it with the understanding that at anytime they may get a call from us for a problem or a job.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 AM
4th Gear

what the heck is wrong with you. No body is talking about a rebuilt motor. they recycle over and over thats nice information however nobody is talking about that except you. the real question was regarding the bearing colors ok. if you knew about cars you would know that BMW and other models are also colored coded and fade off . my question has nothing to do with not knowing how to work on a rover. your a nonsense talker. it was a informative question. if you were so knowledgeable you would just had educate the non knower with the answer to the question. you talk all about you take time with the insider dealership tech but yet you cant answer the question here. your full of shyt in my opinion. you talk about being an rover tech and not go on forums to ask questions so my question to you is what the "F" are you doing on a forum for if you do not want to answer questions the correct way. as you stated you do not ask questions on forum cause real rover techs do not need to . so what is your purpose of being on a forum ???? you cant even answer an easy question about the color of a bearing. but yet you take the time when you get a call from the tech to research their problem . How the heck can you research a problem when you cant even answer a bearing color question. the way your replying does not sound as if you can help a rover dealership. All I asked was what can you do about a color bearing that has faded. obviously the dealership does not know all we can do is guage it and see the measurement. if dealer knew I wouldnt even be working on customer car.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 PM
2nd Gear
Smile It is in the manual

Originally Posted by therover
Freelander 2.5
How can you know which bearing to buy if the marking is gone?
I was told there are 5 bearing selection.
Mains / Rods are faded
It is in the workshop manual. Not a fun job. Usually the whole engine gets replaced. I never tried to rebuild one. PM/email me for manual.

A