Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

We actually really like our Freelander. Sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We actually really like our Freelander. Sorry...

Sorry to all of you who seem to not care for your Freelanders, but we actually really like ours. There is one issue that I was wondering if any of you had dealt with yet.

What's the story with the drop glass window on the tailgate? Presumably, when you open the door, the glass should retract below the roof edge so the door can be opened, or so I presume as I hear the motor whine away, only ours doesn't work properly. Someone mentioned to me that you have to reset the window motor if you replace the vehicle battery: any thoughts on that one?

Old 07-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The free RAVE download of tech manuals includes Freelander, not sure if your exact year is there, or if that design feature is in earlier ones. Link is below. Some things, like inertia switch, engine immmobilzation if battery removed with alarm armed, etc. are common across several years.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:52 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

400 bucks for a new window regulator in the rear. if it doesn't move then its the regulator. if it beeps and doesn't move or make noise then its something else preventing it from moving. but when you disconnect the battery it should go up once since its not calibrated and will give you chance to see if its the regulator or not. But if the regulator is good as is the motor then you have to hook up testbook and only testbook to see what the rear door module sees and is showing with all the sensors in the motors and such. only looking at that will you see what it isn't seeing. if a rear window washer motor switch isn't parking properly it won't work. but if the switch inside the rear window washer motor is bad you wont know it cause everything will work properly.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:39 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rovin4Life,

When I open and close the door, the motor actuates as it should. When i push the button on the console, sometimes it beeps five times, sometimes not, but usually hear the motor cranking over. I've come to suspect that the problem is the actual cable on the device itself, as electronically it all seems to work(ish).

Thoughts on my conclusion?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

regulator comes with the motor and its not cheap, good luck finding a used one that actually works for a while. most of the cables snap like twigs and it grinds to a halt. if you want, take off the rear tailgate trim to see what it is doing.