General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody heard that all p400e’s will be recalled for hybride problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 10:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody heard that all p400e’s will be recalled for hybride problem?

My new 2020 RR PHEV I bought on 6/18/2020 from Official dealer in Atlanta GA had engine light turned on when I came back home, still turned on after 3 times back to dealer service with changing different parts. Now has been at service 4th time for last month and they said that all this model cars in the world will be recalled for new hybride software that will be ready at the end of September 2020. 3 months after buying a new very expensive car, still stuck to service. Dealer said that JLR refused replacement because any car they replace will need the same software update all p400e models in the world will be recalled.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P400E recall

No, I have not heard such things and my dealer never contacted me about any recall for P400E. You're just unlucky and Range Rover is hit or miss when it comes to reliability anyway.

Old 12-08-2020, 06:31 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't even get me started. Mine is in the lemon law process. Purchased in April 2020 and it's been at dealer 3 days less than I've had it. It failed on the way home with gearbox fault detected and has been a problem ever since. Currently the check engine light is on. It most recently was in the dealer for about 3 weeks, when they returned it to me without being able to solve the remote start problem. The air conditioning system will not stay on after a remote start.

honestly my biggest concern with the vehicle, is that EV button doesn't actually work when you want it to. It seems to be a mere guess as to whether or not the car will actually operate in electric mode or do whatever it wants. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. in addition I'm always curious even though I leave the EV button on, when I get back into the vehicle sometimes it's on and sometimes I have to press it again. I'll never understand the logic behind this vehicle. I've unplugged it from a brand new overnight charge, and it would not operate in EV mode. This is on residential streets in no harsh conditions. no one from Land Rover Jaguar has been able to give an answer nor has the dealer. I've had a piece of the quarter panel fall off, I've had the backup camera system fail, I've had numerous software issues, and I'm always told the next update will do it. It never does.

I'd love to hear your experiences.