General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS Fault Message :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I wish knew what all that meant.

Now I am wondering if something has come loose and not communicating with the rest of the system.

So when you do the unlock the message goes away right? And then when the engine is running it will not air up, and then will it wait a few minutes and then show the fault again?

Give us some history of what it does after you clear the fault, like how long it takes of running the engine before it shows again. Does the compressor run once the engine is started and the fault is cleared.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whewwww by the grace of God the EAS aird up and is now back to normal ride highth and the fault is still on ? im going to try and clear the fault again . when is the eas in auto ? with the is light ON or OFF ? . there is allso a clicking in the valve block do i need to replace a silenoid ? Thanks for all the help H ROB

Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle

If it is back to normal ride height then there should not be any correlation to it not airing up and the fault message. If the system is really in fault mode then it will not air up, that is just the way it is.

The height lock out will be illuminated orange to keep it in the position you want. I would push it in and see of it will stay at the current height. Unlock the fault and see what it starts to do.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
8th Gear

OK H Rob rover went down again .tried to clear and i cant get get it . if i jack the back of the rover up it will air the front up ? if not jacked it will click near the valve block and the front raises from right to left i can see the rover move up and down and the clicking starts . could it be a solenoid ? im going to try to clear the fault again let me know what you think thanks

Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

What about the pressure switch? It could be the valve solenoid but I have not had one fail so I am not sure what it would sound like. I would think though if it was just one solenoid then it would try to air up all the springs and just that one would not work.

I cannot remember if you said the air springs had been replaced or not but you could have a leak in one of them. In my rears I had a leak when it went all the way down, but if it was in normal or high mode it would seal itself. Once I hit freeway mode it would drop all the way down and go into fault mode. The only way I could get it back up after clearing the fault was lifting the back end up to seal it of and take the load off of the bag so it would air up fast.

I wish I could see it myself or hear it then maybe I could be more help.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
8th Gear

is the pressure switch the one under the valve block ?

Old 01-29-2011, 03:08 PM
4wd Low
Default Eas

Thanks Handsome Rob for helping me with my EAS.....!!!Working great!!