General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS Symptoms, help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EAS Symptoms, help please

I searched for other issues people were already having, but could not find much so here it goes.

My Range Rover takes about 5 min. to pump up the suspension after that it seems to only run the compressor by regular intervals (every 10-20min. for about 10 sec.). The next problem is when I park the car and leave it over night in the morning all four corners are on the bump stops. These are the only two issues I'm having any ideas?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Rock Crawling

First you need to find your leak. You may have other problems but fix your leak first and go from there. I could park mine for a month and it wouldn't drop down to the bumpstops. Get a spray bottle with soapy water and spray the heck out of every air line connection.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Drifting

Ok, I took your advice, One small spray bottle of soap later we have exhibit A. The red marked ports leaked and the blue one just vented air. I didn't know if the blue one is supposed to do that or if it is jacked as well. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails EAS Symptoms, help please-dsc05157.jpg  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Rock Crawling

Air coming out the blue one is ok but not the red ones. It is usually just an o-ring or not in there tight enough. If the end of the hose isn't in great shape just cut an inch or so off. Use some vaseline and put it back in there. 9 times out of 10 that will do it. If not, pull out the collar and get the o-ring out and take it to an auto parts store and get the correct sized replacement.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have disconnected your lines and pulled out your EAS valve body, it would be a good time to rebuild it. I've done it and it's a pretty easy job, probably easier than pulling out the unit itself. Check here for rebuild directions (under instructional pdf's) and contact them for the rebuild kit: So. Cal. Used Rover Parts. The kit will have all of the o-rings you will need, including new ones for the lines.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Drifting

Krazz, thanks for the info and tips, when I went out to the truck today I took your advice and shoved those two lines in a little better. To my excitement the truck pumped up in about 30-45 seconds, however when I parked it it again went back down to the stops. So I guess I will take 04duxlr's advice this time and get the O'ring kit. Guess you cant get away cheep on all of them.