General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Engine Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 03:44 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Performance

I have 2006 Range Rover Super Charge model that idles extremely rough and sends the vehicle into the Reduced Performance mode. While vehicle is running you can turn the ignition switch off and back on and it will reset the problem. The vehicle will run fine until you let the engine idle and then will sometimes go back into the Reduced Engine Performance mode. I have had everything done that the shop could possibly think of including replacing the Super Charger. Occasionally the power steering will be affected when it goes into the RP mode. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

yes, the bad shop that is idiotic and doesn't have any concept how to fix a land rover.

First off get it away from them.

Secondly, get it to a dealer and make them pay for the entire diagnosis and repair.

The shop is at fault for not fixing it right the first time. Secondly make them pay for a rental. if they refuse tell them you are taking them to court for their idiotic diagnosis. Listen, you made the mistake of taking it to them. First time is on you, after that they should own up and pay for their mistakes. In fact have them take out all the good parts they installed and or give you your money back.

I can tell you a few different things with a SC motor but I won't cause I don't know the whole story nor do I know what was replaced.