General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RRC no heat

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mtrdrms
Ok, that's good info. So in that case, I think my ac fan is working great! However I can't get it to shut off and my heater fan to turn on. When I turn on the blower (bottom right **** that slides right to left) it only operates the ac fan. Is there anything I can do about this?
When you're trying to get heat, where do you have the lower left switch positioned? The A/C blower should only be on when you have the lower left switch on the blue snowflake icon. If you move the lower left switch to the red icon along with moving all the other switches to their red icons you should have maximum output for the defrost position. Move the right side switch to the icon that depicts a shoe and you'll be getting heat.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
When you're trying to get heat, where do you have the lower left switch positioned? The A/C blower should only be on when you have the lower left switch on the blue snowflake icon. If you move the lower left switch to the red icon along with moving all the other switches to their red icons you should have maximum output for the defrost position. Move the right side switch to the icon that depicts a shoe and you'll be getting heat.
Thanks Paul. I think you are on to something here. When I move the lower left lever between its upper and lower positions, it offers a lot of resistance and doesn't change a thing. The fan still blows from the vents and not the defrost. Any ideas?

Old 03-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtrdrms
Thanks Paul. I think you are on to something here. When I move the lower left lever between its upper and lower positions, it offers a lot of resistance and doesn't change a thing. The fan still blows from the vents and not the defrost. Any ideas?
Edit: In the above post I was actually referring to the vertical lever all the way to the left. THe horizontal leverat the bottom left also moves side to side and doesn't change a thing. The fan stays on and blows cold through the dash vents.