General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger kit on 03 RR, anyone piece one together yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger kit on 03 RR, anyone piece one together yet?

hey eeryone, i've been doing some research and have been very eagerly lookin for a supercharger kit for my 2003 range rover with the m62 double vanos bmw engine. i came across one with a price tag of $6000, but i had not seen any reviews or accounts of someone using it. i've had superchragers on my other 2 cars i've had and i really like the push and go feeling, the power is just always there when you need it and its a very nice/needed luxury in my opinion. i was hoping i could just find a kit, but if this is not the case, then i was wondering if someone has thrown together a known working setup. i know there has to be someone out their that has made a kid for this engine because its used on the e38's, 540i's, 740i's, and the x5 as well as other cars im sure. so does anyone have any informations, ive gotten some leads but they all lead to dead ends.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to shoot any of your ideas down, I love supercharged vehicles myself as well (as you said, the power is really nice). However, some engines can be damaged under the extra stress caused by the turbo/super charger. Some engines are of course designed for it, but are often reinforced with stronger material. I believe on the 06 to MY RRs, the engines between the supercharged and non supercharged are the same. But the supercharged engine I believe has stronger cam shafts, valves, etc than the non-supercharged engine. Not saying it can't be done on your engine, but I would take that into consideration before altering a delicately designed system. I haven't seen a whole lot of info on the 4.4 BMW engine for supercharging. But I do know you can do it to a P38. Not that it necessarily pertains, but it does have some interesting info: http://www.rangerovers.net/rrupgrade...#supercharging

Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i searched up on youtube and saw a bunch of video of a 540i supercharged, numerous ones actually, and they looks BAD A$$, im not gonna lie. im pretty sure the 99-02 540i-740i have the same m62 4.4l double vanos engine, while the years before had the single vanos 4.4l. so im sure it could be done with stock components, although i would prefer a new set of pistons and id like to find a cam if i could, but i cant find any perfrmance parts for these damn engines any help would be greatly appreciated. i have also read of previous companies like svc making a kit specifically for the range rover hse 03-05, but i can no longer find any info on the product. any other help, performance advice is greatly appreciated.