General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trouble installing a trailer bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble installing a trailer bar

hey there, picked up a 2011 range rover and was surprised it didn't have a tow bar (guess you have to add tow package, not standard). dealer quoted me $2500 to add one so i'm giving it a try on my own.

the only after market bars were for range rover sport -- and i have the full size. somebody (on this forum???) suggested rover land parts which had the factory tow bar for cheap. i picked one up, but unfortunately i can't figure out how to install it. anyone dealt with this before?

the undercarriage of the car has essentially dummy parts where the trailer bar mounts. two of these mounts (near the wheels) are easy to remove with a wrench. the problem is that the mounts toward the bumper appear welded in place. on top of that, the only access to that joint would come from removing the bumper.

there has got to be an easy way to do this but i am stumped. anyone have suggestions??? frankly i'm not towing a darn thing i just want to put a bike rack back there and it may well be the death of me.