General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in Spare tire compartment

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:16 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Spare tire compartment

We get water building up in the wheel well for the spare tire. We first thought it was coming in from underneath, but after the car was not driven for the winter, the wheel well was filled with water. If the sunroof was leaking, wouldn't there be water on the seats? Any ideas! We are getting the car in shape for my son to drive. We are also working on the ticking issue!

Old 11-02-2013, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rovergirl74
We get water building up in the wheel well for the spare tire. We first thought it was coming in from underneath, but after the car was not driven for the winter, the wheel well was filled with water. If the sunroof was leaking, wouldn't there be water on the seats? Any ideas! We are getting the car in shape for my son to drive. We are also working on the ticking issue!
Yes had same problem on my 99 RR.

The boots seals are crap over time but too expensive to replace the official Land rover fix was to bend the flange outwards 5mm. Then put the seal back on.

On mine, I took the boot seal off. I then got an an adjustable spanner & adjusted it to fit over the flange. I bent the flange/lip outwards by 5mm all the way round. Then I put the seal back on. It has never leaked in since & is bone dry. When bending the flange don't worry just be brutal - it will work