General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windows won't go up

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windows won't go up

the windows wont go up on my 98 range rover 4.6 could someone direct me to the fuse or relay that controls them or is it only controlled by the center console?
thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't have a manual for your truck, I don't think it will be a fuse, but I would pull the fuse panel and check anyway, should have a diagram showing what the fuses go to.
Do you have an owners manual?

Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 PM
4th Gear
Default windows won't go up?

I do have the manual and none of the fuses or relays say they are for the windows. I no it has to be one thing that's making all the windows not work i need to no what could control the windows and sunroof because neither are working. Thanks it will try checking all the fuses.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuse 2- RH rear; Fuse 22- LH and RH front; Fuse 12- LH rear; Fuse 13- sunroof

If it's not just fuses... the switch pack controls both the windows and the sunroof. Since they all went at once that's your likely culprit. Check the Fuse no1 10A in the BECM fuse box as it effects the switch pack.

I'd also check for a loose connection on the multi-plug or any possible damage at the switch pack.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
4th Gear
Thumbs up Which fuse box?

Thank you so much for your reply I'm going to try this things but I need a littler clarification first. I don't mean to sound dumb but which fuse box are you referring too. I'm thinking the one under the right hand seat? Also where would the switch pack be located? Is it under/behind the center console? And is the multi-plug also located there? Thank you so much for your reply.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's always best to have a clear idea of what you're doing. Questions are good to ask... however, I would recommend you download RAVE if you haven't already as it can answer quite a few questions with Rovers.

Yes, these fuses are the under-the-seat ones and not the engine compartment ones.

The switch pack is the group of switches located just next to the hand brake along the centre console. The multi-plug is under the moulding and if you remove the screws securing the moulding you wont be able to miss the multi-plug.

Last edited by ldivine; 05-27-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
3rd Gear

Hi

I am new here so this is my 1st post, Just got my 1st Range Rover 1997,

The windows dont work, cant beleive i did nto check them when bought, just hoped it was a fuse etc, after going thru the internet i think i need a new / 2nd hand window switch set for center console, seen them the cheapest on ebay, I am quite technically minded just not with cars, i have checked the centre console circuit board, resoldered all connections etc in hope of fixing it, but still no joy, while i try to get one to replace it is there a way to wire a simple switch in the mean time to the drivers door window? i.e can 2 or 3 wires be stripped into in the door and a temp switch installed to operate the window.

I had a look hopiping for a few wires but not sure where to start

thanks
charly