General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3 amigos and service engine lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3 amigos and service engine lights

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

ORIGINAL: Savannah

Hi bavarian_range89
The 3 Amigos only applies to the Discovery2.If your Range Rover has three lights coming on when you tramp the brake pedal suddenly,you need to replace the ABS accumelator.
Regards
Marius
Not necessarily so, bottom line as we have been saying for days, he needs to go get his codes read.
I already had the codes read, but there were no codes there to be read. The lights do not stay illuminated, and when I had the codes read nothing showed up. The lights don't come on and stay they literally flash on and off. I'm a little bewildered, I think I'll go out and do a panic stop and see if the ABS works as it should.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a bit overdue but I have some info on a decent LR mechanic in NH. Please see my reply sent to Charles below:

"I was just perusing the Forum and I saw that some time back you had asked if anyone knew of a decent place to bring Landrovers to in NH, apart from an actual dealer. After having bad experiences at both "local" Landrover Dealers (Bedford, NH and Scarborough, ME), I have in fact found someone that provides excellent service at a really decent price. It may be a bit of a haul for you as it is located in Rochester, but it would definitely be worth it! The owner of the place (Paul) was a LR Service Manager for a number of years. He also has a tech working for him that worked for LR in the past. Collectively they have about 20 years experience with Landrovers! If you are interested its the Meinekee in Rochester (NH). I know what you are thinking, Meinekee... can't know a thing about LR's. This is not the case at all! I can't speak enough about how helpful they are as they have saved me both $$$'s and time. I would never entrust my 2004 SE to anyone else at this point! Tell them Ian sent you!"

Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

The only way you can have the codes read is while the trio is on. Sounds like you have a speed sensor issue, do your brakes have an excessive amount of brake dust on them and or do your brakes squeak?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Three Wheeling

No there's not excessive brake dust, and the brakes don't squeal. The brakes/pads are in great condition. I have no problem with them, it's just that the lights will flash sometimes when applying the brakes. I'm not experiencing any problems with the brakes at all, so I have no idea what's causing the lights to flash.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi Bavarian_range98.
You are confusing everybody.Am I correct in saying you own a Range Rover P38 and not a Disco2?Only the Disco2 has the 3Amigos issue where the ABS,TC and Hill Decent lights come on and stays on untill the faultcodes are read and cleared.On the P38 pressing your brake pedal suddenly,will activate your ABS,TC and handbrake lights.When you release the pedal the lights goes off.This is not a fault,as no faultcodes get stored,but a way to tell you the pressure in the accumulator is getting low.Its that round black unit on top of your ABS pump with the yellow warning sticker on it.This is a service replacement part from Land Rover.
Regards
Marius.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Savannah

Hi Bavarian_range98.
You are confusing everybody.Am I correct in saying you own a Range Rover P38 and not a Disco2?Only the Disco2 has the 3Amigos issue where the ABS,TC and Hill Decent lights come on and stays on untill the faultcodes are read and cleared.On the P38 pressing your brake pedal suddenly,will activate your ABS,TC and handbrake lights.When you release the pedal the lights goes off.This is not a fault,as no faultcodes get stored,but a way to tell you the pressure in the accumulator is getting low.Its that round black unit on top of your ABS pump with the yellow warning sticker on it.This is a service replacement part from Land Rover.
Regards
Marius.
Yes, you are correct in saying that I have a P38, I never said I had a Disco 2, nor did I say the HDC light came on because I don't have HDC. Anyway, THANKYOU for the answer to my problem. Now I know what is going on, thanks so much.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi bavarian_range89.
I meant that everyone gets confused,because they could not figure out what Land Rover you are driving.You said you have 3 lights coming on,ABS,TC and handbrake and asked if that was the 3Amigos.They answered,Yes,that is the 3Amigos.The 3Amigos are ABS,TC, Hill decent.If you need any help in replacing the accumulator yourself,just ask and I will explain the procedure.
Regards
Marius