General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AB's iLand wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic System with App

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlanticBritish
Britpart's Lynx Evo a Europe-only offering. the iLAND is the North American exclusive offering and is available for all models of Rovers with a modern diagnostic connector.
"Europe only" in the sense that you can only buy it from there. But damn straight it will work and arrive shipped in less than a week.

If iLand has anything to do with iCarsoft I would give it a hard pass. I wasn't impressed with the iCarsoft I had.. slow, buggy, overall just felt so third party. I would stick to the big brands like britpart, hawkeye.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:33 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit
AB, are you saying the Lynx Evo will NOT Wprk on our US owned D2's?

They were all built in the same place right?

also, would like to know how old of a phone device could I use with the I Land? I use my iPhone 7 for streaming music, nav, etc and would use an old cell phone to display live data. Maybe even hard install it in the truck somewhere.
Hi COS! What I'm saying is that you can buy the Lynx Evo, but you won't be able to use the Lynx app in the App Store because it is region locked, effectively making it an expensive paper-weight. As for device compatibility, you can use it with any Apple product running iOS 6.1 or newer or an Android device running Android OS 4.0 or newer.

Last edited by AtlanticBritish; 07-13-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Hi COS! What I'm saying is that you can buy the Lynx Evo, but you won't be able to download the respective app in the App store to use it because it is region locked, effectively making it an expensive paper-weight. As for device compatibility, you can use it with any Apple product runnging iOS 6.1 or newer or an Android device running Android OS 4.0 or newer.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lynx...999211805?mt=8

I'm able to download it from the US App Store.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

I have been waiting for a review on this product as I got the mailer as well.

AtlanticBritish - Do you have any customer reviews or would you be willing to allow someone on the forum to use it for a 30 day trial period and write a review?

Old 07-13-2017, 01:15 PM
LR Forum Vendor

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
"Europe only" in the sense that you can only buy it from there. But damn straight it will work and arrive shipped in less than a week.

If iLand has anything to do with iCarsoft I would give it a hard pass. I wasn't impressed with the iCarsoft I had.. slow, buggy, overall just felt so third party. I would stick to the big brands like britpart, hawkeye.
To be clear, Britpart Lynx Evo is for sale in Europe exclusively.

Atlantic British iLAND is for sale in North America exclusively.

They are essentially the same app by the same development team - and not iCarsoft.

Britpart has the exclusive rights and private label in Europe as Lynx Evo; Atlantic British has the same for North America for iLAND.

The Lynx Evo app will not work in North America.

You have to use the iLAND App in North America.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:15 PM
LR Forum Vendor

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
I have been waiting for a review on this product as I got the mailer as well.

AtlanticBritish - Do you have any customer reviews or would you be willing to allow someone on the forum to use it for a 30 day trial period and write a review?
We have one out to someone who is reviewing the product as we speak and we should have the review up soon.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

So I DL'd the Lynx App and ran the demo mode. From what I can see there is nothing wrong with it. The only thing is ECT is in Celsius with no obvious way to change. But good thing I'm smart enough to convert that on the fly!

For 100 less than the iland version...I. cant see why I wouldn't buy it.

The marketplace is brutal AB and I'm a biz owner too so I get it but you need to show some proof that the Lynx Evo won't work on my (and our) Rover

Last edited by The_OGCJR; 07-14-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:20 AM
LR Forum Vendor

Originally Posted by COSitsWORTHit
So I DL'd the Lynx App and ran the demo mode. From what I can see there is nothing wrong with it. The only thing is ECT is in Celsius with no obvious way to change. But good thing I'm smart enough to convert that on the fly!

For 100 less than the iland version...I. cant see why I wouldn't buy it.

The marketplace is brutal AB and I'm a biz owner too so I get it but you need to show some proof that the Lynx Evo won't work on my (and our) Rover
Hi COS,

After speaking with the developer on why people were able to download the Lynx EVO app since it is supposed to be a Europe-Only offering, I found out that A) they hadn't region-locked it yet and B) the app that was available in the US App Store is the "support" app which can only run the "demo mode" without the "main" Lynx EVO app (which is region locked to Europe-Only app markets) that communicates with the Bluetooth dongle that attaches to your Rover. The demo mode that you ran in the "support" app is the only thing that the app can do without the "main" app and the dongle.

Hope this helps,

AB

The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Hi COS,

After speaking with the developer on why people were able to download the Lynx EVO app since it is supposed to be a Europe-Only offering, I found out that A) they hadn't region-locked it yet and B) the app that was available in the US App Store is the "support" app which can only run the "demo mode" without the "main" Lynx EVO app (which is region locked to Europe-Only app markets) that communicates with the Bluetooth dongle that attaches to your Rover. The demo mode that you ran in the "support" app is the only thing that the app can do without the "main" app and the dongle.

Hope this helps,

AB
YES! Perfect thank you! I'll be buying iland soon then

Old 07-24-2017, 01:13 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with iLand can you program a key for a 2010 RR? Do you have to have a blank key or can you reprogram another key?

Quick Reply: AB's iLand wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic System with App