General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AB's iLand wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic System with App

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

So it cannot program a new fob to a LR3, just re-sync existing keys?

Old 09-18-2017, 12:28 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iLand review

Originally Posted by AtlanticBritish
We have one out to someone who is reviewing the product as we speak and we should have the review up soon.

Has the review been posted? I called AB and the sales person said he wasn't aware of the reviewers writing up their comments.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:44 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
So it cannot program a new fob to a LR3, just re-sync existing keys?
No, it can program a new fob to an LR3, it just can't program blank keys to a vehicle. In the case of the flip out key for the LR3, you can program the fob part, but you can't burn the VIN to the blank key, that part you would have to go to the dealer for.

In other words, you'd be able to open the doors on your LR3 with your new fob, but you wouldn't be able to start it.

-AB

Old 09-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Weird, thanks for the explanation as I was fully confused.

So about that review?

Old 10-08-2017, 10:22 PM
3rd Gear

Are there any more updates on this diagnostic tool? Trying to figure if the GAP Diagnostic tool would be a better tool. Ive been told that the GAP tool can adjust the ride height and place it in tight tolerance mode for alignment. I also heard it can recalibrate the speedo for larger wheels. If the iLand can do these plus more then I’d be interested. I saw that one of the posters said he bought the GAP tool for $388 was that for the Bluetooth version? I have an LR3 and I’ve probably spent enough of diagnostics to buy either of these.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

Range Rover Ride Height Calibration With iLAND Diagnostic App
I'm also very interested between iid tool vs iland. I want to be able to set custom ride height and also reset codes and read faults. I don't want to be spending more money on each device just to have it do only one thing. I have contacted AB and they told me it couldn't set custom ride height which doesn't makes sense because in the youtube calibration video . There was an option way at the bottom that says "ride level height calibration" I hope that sales rep doesn't know what he's talking about. Also during the height calibration couldn't I just input the measurement 2 inches lower so that it thinks it needs to raise? Check out the option in the video at 3:11

Old 10-09-2017, 12:14 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Buy the gap, I have an Autologic and gap does everything it does.

i can guarantee that ABs does not allow for software downloads And updates like GAP does for all of the modules on your 3.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with Abran. I to have the GAP tool and have had great success with it. We all know it works, didn't know it could adjust for bigger tires though. Need to go research that one as i would live to get my speedo back inline with reality.

I wish they would have gotten one in someone on heres, hands that has a GAP tool for a side by side compare. So we could confirm height adjustments, keys, updates etc etc....

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-09-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:54 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I'm with Abran. I to have the GAP tool and have had great success with it. We all know it works, didn't know it could adjust for bigger tires though. Need to go research that one as i would live to get my speedo back inline with reality.

I wish they would have gotten one in someone on heres, hands that has a GAP tool for a side by side compare. So we could confirm height adjustments, keys, updates etc etc....

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/faq/

click on the how to Recalibrate speedo and it will give you the instructions how. Looking over what the GAP iiD tool can do I think it might be the better option right now as there is no comparison or reviews on the iLand kit, I saw that its only been out a few months so it might take some time for several features to be added.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

I found that a couple hours ago going to square my speedo away tomorrow, appreciate the link though. Also appreciate the heads up that it could be done.

Quick Reply: AB's iLand wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic System with App