General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP!!!! 98 disco alarm is going crazy

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! 98 disco alarm is going crazy

I have a 98 disco that i am currently trying to sell, but about a week ago my alarm started going off in the middle of the night. ? It will go off for no reason at all. Just yesterday it wouldnt let me unlock the door. I lost my key fob along time ago, so i just use my key. I removed the fuses for the alarms to see if that would help, but now when i shut the door the horn honks. --very strange. SO I REMOVED THE HORN FUSE. no more honking but a clicking noise from the passenger side. VERY FRUSTRATING. I am desperately hoping someone has some advice for me. Is there a way to just bypass the alarm??
Jason Gilliland

Old 09-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Winching
Default RE: HELP!!!! 98 disco alarm is going crazy

No remote and your door lock is also not functioning. No way to bypass. You need to fix one or the other. The alarm system is robust, hence your problems.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Drifting

Whatever happened with you alarm problem. As we all know these problems require access to a scanner, you have to find someone in your area who will scan it for you and identify the problem, there is always the dealer, In the LA area there is Automobile Scan centers at 800 494 8092 . It would be neat to have a list of shops on this site who have the equipment!
________
CB1

Last edited by bonnettoboot; 01-26-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:04 AM
Drifting

I had the same problem. Turned out to be a failed security ECU along with failed security antenna. The alarm system is activated and does not allow the starter to engage, so the vehicle wouldn't start. The dealer recommended locking-unlocking the driver door 25-30 times to disable the alarm (watch the blinking red light in the dash) and that was only to get it to the garage. It wasn't a fix or bypass, only a way to get it started. Once it was engine was shut off, the alarm would reactivate within 10 min. It requires a dealer fix as well as a functioning remote. I have another ECU on the way. The dealer ship cost was too high.