How I fixed my Land Rover tick (slipped sleeve) - Page 16 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > General Land Rover Forums > General Tech Help
Reload this Page >

How I fixed my Land Rover tick (slipped sleeve)

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How I fixed my Land Rover tick (slipped sleeve)

Old 08-17-2018, 03:29 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by 2Guinness View Post
My 03 Disco 2 was clacking so bad it was embarrassing to drive it. I took my motor out and disassembled it for sending off for new topped sleeves. Reading this changed my mind completely. I have the bare block on an engine stand in my garage now and will drill and pin this weekend, saving me thousands.

Thanks to everyone involved.
I will report the success.

Well, it worked, sort of, the clicking or clacking did stop completely. The engine is as quiet as a mouse now but I still have a pressure leak in the coolant system. I was forced to remove the motor and disassemble it completely so the crack in the block at cyl #6 can be fixed, which I suppose will entail having it re sleeved completely.
Never the less, the pining of the sleeves was simple and did completely solve the noise.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2Guinness For This Useful Post:
Sixpack577 (08-17-2018)
Old 02-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Hilarious and very thoughtful. I have an 03 that I have a love hate relationship with. Haven't had that problem yet but I'm aware of the shortcomings of the Bosch 4.6. Thanks