General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Inside electrical issue with 2008 LR3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 04:09 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside electrical issue with 2008 LR3

I have an issue that no one seems to relate to at all. And it is a weird issue. When my vehicle sits in the sun at a outside air temperature over 50 degrees it will not start. As soon as it cools down, again outside air temp below 50 it starts. So i can drive it on cool days but not on nice sun shining days. But even on the cool days after I have driven it for a bit the inside electrical shuts down. The vehicle keeps running just fine but the radio and air-conditioning shuts down and interior lights turn on as well as the outside emergency flashers come on. Sometimes that last for a few minutes and again depending on the outside temp in may come back in a few minutes and some times it doesn't come back until I shut it down and let it cool off. Once I shut it down it wont start again until it cools down usually in and hour or so. Totally temperature effected. I have checked the alternator our put, it's fine, I have tested every circut, traced a ton of wiring connections, replaced the battery, replaced the voltage regulator and nothing has helped. It is just about the temprature. Is there another temprature sensor somewhere right under the hood that we can't find or any otherthoughts would be appreciated.