Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

I love compressed can air

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love compressed can air

So I had my no start issue come back a couple of days ago, hot out side with cold engine and no start. So pissed off, I walked back to my work desk and right in front of me was my can of air. The thought popped into my head that maybe the fuel temp sensor is giving a hotter reading than normal causing the no start issue. So I took my canned air and turned it upside down and sprayed the liquid inside on the fuel temp sensor to give it a bit of a freeze. Immediately jumped into the disco and it fired right up. Thinking this was just a fluke or something, I took the canned air with me when I left work last night, and lucky me (or unlucky depends on how you see it) it wouldnt start. Sprayed the sensor with the canned air again and it fired right up. So at least I narrowed down my problem, I think. Gonna order a new sensor and see if that resolves my problem, or just carry a can of air in the vehicle, it is cheaper.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

You have re-discovered the old radio and TV repair trick - spray each suspected component with carbon tetrachloride (or brake cleaner or circuit cleaner); which cools off the item. Then as it warms up, if the system changes you have found the part to swap. Of course, nobody does that anymore, they just swap modules (kind of like the younger techs at the stealership)

Old 05-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
the stealership)
I love this term, patent that.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Those who emptied wallets before becoming greased fingered wrench benders before me came up with it.