General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

key won't turn..can't get into truck. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default key won't turn..can't get into truck. Help!

Playing hoops returned to truck and key wont turn. Called AAA they send out two locksmiths. No avail neither could get in. Pulled tabs up nope....push dash button nope....pulled handles nope....Got a key but cant get in. May be someone tried to break into truck? who knows. So I have to get truck towed cant stay where it is. So I tow it to dealer. Dealer just called to say the only way into truck is take out back window. I would have to pay to reseal window at $350. Does anyone know if this is true?? Or can someone just pop the lock cylinder? Help!!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

What?
You are locked out of your truck but yet you can push the lock button on the dash and pull up on the door locks as well as the inside door handles?
How in the hell is that possible?
If the windows are down then why does the dealer need to remove the rear window?
Your post makes no sense.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

All the windows are on the doors are bolted in.

There is one other way, I would drill out the lock on the driver side side. go all the way thru to where the rod is for the latch and then you can turn the rod or remove it and use a philips screwdriver to open it. Although, I can't confirm this positively but its possible the passenger side has the same setup on the latch and if you drill thru the passenger door you can do the same thing. Needless to say the driver door lock is seized. I will say this, it is always useful to use the lock at least once or twice a month and to lube it up to make sure it works. failure to do so is bad in these vehicles.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Team Owner

It is moves it needs to be lubed and exercised.
This means ALL locks, latches, hinges and cables.
Every 6 months, more if you drive dirt roads or live in a dusty area.
Silicone spray works best as it tends to not attract dirt.
This holds true for all cars and trucks, it is even in the owners manual under the "owner maintenance" section.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Spike,

I think what he is saying is he and the AAA locksmiths have pulled on the latches, poked at the switch and they havent been able to open any doors from the outside using tools...I have used locksmith tools...air bag blows the door edge open, hold it open with the wedges, and then you configure your rods so they reach where you need to...

I dont think he is in the vehicle.

Thats what I get out of it.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

truck is superlocked, to add to the problems, it disables indoor handles.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Drifting

Visited with the service dept this morning. Very accommodating. Eventually allowed my window guy to take out side window. Took $60 and two minutes and I managed to get in and open the doors (he later put it back in). However, truck would not turn over due to super lockdown mode. Unable to use the key due to the botched burglary attempt. So I could not disable the super lockdown by using the key sequence. (which works by the way). Next went and took the battery terminals off. No luck. Next cleared all the codes. No luck. Dash lock button would not work. Flashers were blinking and then they would eventually stop. Finally, left it with the dealer to disable. They will not get to it till tomorrow so I still have time if anyone knows how to disable the immobilizer. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Drifting

For all those who have been super locked and want to disarm the immobilizer. Read the instruction below. They work I have done it several times.

Read EKA Code (Freelander up to 01, Defender, Discovery)

Under normal circumstances, the only way to disarm the Immobiliser on a Land Rover
vehicle is to use the correct Plip key to unlock the car. If no Plip key is available or
functioning, it is possible to disarm the Immobiliser by using the EKA (Emergency Key
Access) Code. This option will read the EKA Code from the vehicle and display it on the
Multi-Tester Pro screen.
The EKA Code consists of a 4 digit numerical sequence. To use an EKA code to disarm a
vehicle, perform the following sequence:
Insert the key into the drivers door lock and turn to the lock position.
Wait for 5 seconds.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the first digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the second digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the third digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the fourth digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position.

If the EKA code is entered correctly, the Alarm LED will stop flashing, and the engine will
start.
If you make an error while entering the EKA code, open and close the driver’s door before
going back to the start of the sequence. If the EKA code is entered unsuccessfully 3 times,
the system will ignore any further attempts for the next 10 minutes.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by southfloridadiscoII
For all those who have been super locked and want to disarm the immobilizer. Read the instruction below. They work I have done it several times.

Read EKA Code (Freelander up to 01, Defender, Discovery)

Under normal circumstances, the only way to disarm the Immobiliser on a Land Rover
vehicle is to use the correct Plip key to unlock the car. If no Plip key is available or
functioning, it is possible to disarm the Immobiliser by using the EKA (Emergency Key
Access) Code. This option will read the EKA Code from the vehicle and display it on the
Multi-Tester Pro screen.
The EKA Code consists of a 4 digit numerical sequence. To use an EKA code to disarm a
vehicle, perform the following sequence:
Insert the key into the drivers door lock and turn to the lock position.
Wait for 5 seconds.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the first digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the second digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position the number of times indicated by the third digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the lock position the number of times indicated by the fourth digit of the EKA code.
Turn the key to the unlock position.

If the EKA code is entered correctly, the Alarm LED will stop flashing, and the engine will
start.
If you make an error while entering the EKA code, open and close the driver’s door before
going back to the start of the sequence. If the EKA code is entered unsuccessfully 3 times,
the system will ignore any further attempts for the next 10 minutes.
This is great info, thank you very much.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

And another post suggests it works with generic 1515 code. Perhaps this could become part of a sticky?

And - since it was a burglary attempt - will insurance cover all this pain for the OP?

Quick Reply: key won't turn..can't get into truck. Help!