General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

"New" Range Rover getting ruined by water leak!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:19 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy "New" Range Rover getting ruined by water leak!

I will try to keep this short but include as much detail as possible... 2006 Range Rover HSE - ~78k miles - new to me, bought a week ago.

Washed the truck on Sunday - Monday the stereo didn't work. Water leaked into the truck and got onto the Bluetooth module. I thought it was coming from the window or something. I bypassed the module to get the stereo working.

Today (go figure) it down poured ALL day and exactly what I thought would happen - before I could find the source of the leak it leaked but this time it leaked a LOT. Satellite radio unit is damaged beyond repair it seems now. I was outside working in the truck putting plastic around all the rear electrical components. I reached up and touched the headliner - IT IS SOAKING WET!! I thought maybe its the Sunroof drains but they appear to be draining.

I started feeling the headliner - its soaking wet in the rear but gets dryer the closer to the front of the vehicle you get. Only the back half is wet. What do you guys think this could be? Is the seal on the tailgate needing replaced perhaps? I have searched the forums - I know others have had similar issues but they are usually reporting water down on the floor. I have water getting down there but it appears the leak is originating on the roof or the tailgate somewhere. My best guess is the tailgate based on the amount of water that's on the roof of the truck. Can someone PLEASE help me identify the source of the water? And, is there anyway to fix the now sagging headliner? I am almost at a loss for words... brand new to me truck and already two expensive electronic components are ruined and the headliner is shot... I don't even know where to begin...

Last edited by indiefantv; 05-02-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Removed HTML