General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

obd item that truck won't start without

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, it is after market. It was installed about 8 inches above the actual obd plug. Since I knew that was about where it should be, I assumed it was the obd. As Mike quickly told me yesterday about another issue, "assume nothing." I do think it is a simple kill switch device. That said, do you guys think I can safely take it off and set wiring back to stock without an issue? Surely such a simple device didn't shortcut ECU because I would have all kinds of other issues right? Again, it runs normally when the device is in place so if its a problem, I'm just going to leave it as is.

I may have to get another ignition from Paul anyway so it would be the time to change the wiring back down there in that area. (My key goes in and starts normally and goes from position one and two normally but won't release to remove. (All I have to do is use needle nose to squeeze two metal plates in there and it releases. When you put it in position 2 the plates open, when you go back to the release position it is supposed to close again so it will release but it is not doing that. (Paul sent me a picture of one and I think the plates I speak of are inside a black casing which mine is missing.)

Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Default silencer

I think this one is a different model as what they have pictured in the document is not what I have but it functions exactly as the document reads. That is so strange. Why in the world would they add something that does what the LR already does? Maybe because they lost the remotes? The person I bought it from didn't have any. Does it override the LR's security? Strange.

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
I found this:

https://www.cesupply.com/MagPublic/P...5900PKP_UM.pdf

It's a PDF about Silencer alarms.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Rock Crawling

Found this online as well. It is an older version of the silencer I think because I didn't see an exact match in their current stuff. If anyone else has a problem, I did find this work around. Disable Your Silencer Security System Now!

Mine works as long as I leave it plugged in so that is my solution for now.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Rock Crawling

Just leave it in and call it a quirk?