General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

please help I have no idea what is wrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help I have no idea what is wrong

Hi,
I'm having some major problems that have kept my land rover discovery II from being drivable.
I can't remember all the codes but it is misfiring on all even cylinders and is throwing a p1300 code and oxygen sensor codes
I have pretty much replaced everything already, maf sensor included.
I drove it through some pretty heavy water at the river, it ran fine until I got home parked it and let it sit for 2 hours then it started misfiring the misfire has got worse and worse probably due to the fuel mixture not being correct, I replaced plugs wires, up stream oxygen sensors, mass air flow sensor, fuel pump which includes the fuel pressure regulator and filter,the camshaft sensor, both cool packs, and tested for spark on all cylinders, tested the compression on all cylinders, and finally pulled the exhaust at the manifold to make sure there wasn't a clogged.
I'm running out of ideas please help.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Read all codes or get them read for free at most parts stores. Write down numbers, not what scanner text says, it can vary. Post back or look up in the RAVE shop manual.

The crank position sensor is one you have not mentioned, it controls the spark timing.

One thing that can happen with "wading" is that water can get in connectors, and then set up corrosion. Even dried out there may be "gunk" between pins. Worth pulling them apart for inspection. Go back with dielectric spray.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
7th Gear
Default crankshaft position sensor

I replaced the crankshaft position sensor now and it wasn't a problem, the codes on a normal code reader have been completely useless, I've decided to have a diagnostic ran on it, I will post what the issue was after I fix it.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

codes on all even #s ..... o2 sensor.....
are you using coolant?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How deep the water?

Originally Posted by Josh Matthew
Hi,

I drove it through some pretty heavy water at the river, it ran fine until I got home parked it and let it sit for 2 hours then it started misfiring the misfire has got worse and worse
Josh, how deep was that water?

I hope this is not your problem: In a moment of silliness I drove my Defender Tdi (side air intake) through a little brook in flood once, just 200 yards away from my home instead of waiting for the flash flood to subside. I waded through the water first and it was almost at top of the wheels. The rapid flow of the water waved up against the side of the vehicle and some entered the intake.

As I stopped at my house the engine suddenly banged, belched white smoke and failed. Starting resulted in very heavy uneven ignition.

It turned out a little water had saturated the air filter, gone past and ingressed the inlet manifold into one cylinder which was just doing the intake stroke at the time. Total hydraulic lock and bent conrod and stretched cylinder head bolts. She would start OK, but the two cylinders in the downward stroke received the water.

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:31 PM
7th Gear

hey guys any one can help me with my 2001 disco 2? some one replaced the lover intake gasket after that it blow 2 ignition coil now i just notice car wont go over 2k rpm some times engime light flashing can somebody help me please please codes are i am getting is p0130 0135 0155 0102 0340

Last edited by Huseyin Ursel; 02-09-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

P0130=Oxygen Sensor Cycle Fault bank 1
P0135=O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1
P0155=O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 2
P0102=Mass Air flow sensor
P0340=Camshaft sensor malfunction

Looks like someone did not plug back in some sensors