General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

steering and air bag suspension system

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering and air bag suspension system

I just purchased a 2006 CPO Range Rovr Sport. Unfortunately I have been having some trouble and the car has been back to the dealer 4 times. The steering tightens up at times when driving, it is like not having power steering and a few seconds later it corrects itself. They changed the rack and pinion on the car, but two weeks later same problem. Anyone else have this problem? How did you solve it? Also same problem with the air bag suspension system deflates if the car is not used for a couple of days, and the car throws a code. They replaced a switch and fitting the first time, the second time they replaced the car battery thinking it could be that. When you start the car after a couple of days not being used, the car lifts itself again. If you use the car on a daily basis this problem does not happen. Again, anyone else with same problem? Just upset as dealer has had the car for over 15 days in total. Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like the forgot to plug in the connector that controls the steering valve one the rack. or its low.

but when the systems starts to deflate its a pain to work on and see the problem. it can be either a valve or a bag.

but its the dealer problem not mine. Talk with your sales agent and see about resolving this right the first time.