General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

water leak coming from ATC blower ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default water leak coming from ATC blower ?

2000 Disco II. I have a leak that's dripping onto the floor mat with the a/c off when I use a squirt bottle to check for leaks. its not coming from the windshield our sunroof drain hose it looks like its coming from the ATC blower screws that is under the glove box. when I spray water below.. the lower windshield gasket it comes dripping out the ATC blower and onto the floor mat. anyone have a idea how this can be?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

It sounds like the AC drains are blocked and the catch tray is overflowing into the front cab area. Check underneath the truck each side of the transmission tunnel alongside the gearbox, there are two small rubber drain pipes 3/8" diameter by 3" long, one each side, there is a flat gland on the end of each that becomes 'gummed up' with grime. Squeeze each of these glands and the water will pour out (don't be underneath them at the time and keep your mouth closed - I can vouch for that) and then spray the drains and glands with silicon spray or WD40 which should fix the problem.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I did a heator core flush with a water hose and didn't get any water inside. I also squeezed the the rubber drains and tried running a wire up in the one I thought might be clogged. Tomorrow I will use a hose and spray below the windshield and see if water still comes in. So water can get into the cabin (kick panel area) from rain in the drains are clogged? Im asking because I don't get water in the cabin with the ac/heater on only when I was my Disco with a hose. But i'm glad the windshield and sunroofs are no longer leaking after repairing them.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Where are you spraying the water below the windshield? The fresh air intake to the HVAC is under the cowl. If water gets to the intake, it will get to the blower. If the cowl/windshield seal isn't working, you will get water by in the blower.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...g-there-48292/