General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

what oil to use

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yawn..bet you used spell check...fool, funny that you posted twice, must have you really upset...aawwwwww
get off my post and be done.
ive had it with you, you are boring me, or as you say booring lol
i come on her to see what landrover information i can get, me and buz have had no altercation, you rise up and start abusing me and the country i live in, i respond to you and suddenly you become upset...yawn
grow up and realise you started this and i will finish it now.....
oh mighty danny you are the best, sorry i have riled you, now please can i continue with my questions, do i have your permission, is it ok, or am i going to get another stupid post.....
no response would be the best response....please...i would have thought you had better things to do....
ps heres my thank you in advance...for going away......bye and thank you for your time..

Last edited by tyguru; 04-19-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tyguru
yawn..bet you used spell check...fool, funny that you posted twice, must have you really upset...aawwwwww
get off my post and be done.
ive had it with you, you are boring me, or as you say booring lol
i come on her to see what landrover information i can get, me and buz have had no altercation, you rise up and start abusing me and the country i live in, i respond to you and suddenly you become upset...yawn
grow up and realise you started this and i will finish it now.....
oh mighty danny you are the best, sorry i have riled you, now please can i continue with my questions, do i have your permission, is it ok, or am i going to get another stupid post.....
no response would be the best response....please...i would have thought you had better things to do....
ps heres my thank you in advance...for going away......bye and thank you for your time..
Well,

If you would look back I believe Savannah also had some comments about your not needing to own a rover, but that is cool too.

If you ever outgrow your fear of getting your hands dirty and your aversion to tools and such, and learn how to act like a true man, treating others as equals you may find a lot of help exist on this forum.

As long as you continue to refers to others as fools, then you will need all the help that others may be willing to give you.

Adios

Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yawn.....

Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Pass the Zoloft and the Lucas while you hand me that 13 mm, will ya...

While I apologized for my rant, I must admit my shortcomings and own up to it. All on here are interested in Rovers. Some are more interested in shiny chrome and fancy wheels, others on roof racks to carry back bison for the tag and release programs, a few in making engine modifications to achieve the world's fastest brick, and many are interested in keeping a step ahead of greedy mechanics.

It is assumed that members gather to learn of the practical and prudent methods to control costs of ownership. Others don't have money as the primary goal, but want reliability. Some are just trying to get it to last until the payments are over. In many cases the owner of a new2me Rover will pay for maybe one or two services at the dealer before the wallet sensor info reaches the brain's payroll computer. So DIY is a rampant outcome of taking on a Discovery.

You've got people on here from every walk of life, and most professions. And many countries. Some like to roast their Rovers at 215 F, I prefer the original temp of the Buick engine at 180F. Every one is entitled to their own opions, and the enjoyment of their Rover in their own way. I'm sure many would not want to ride inside one with dings and dents and scrapes like mine, and I am probably way too dirty to climb into some of the well detailed interiors we have seen.

But one thing a Rover does seem to do is project confidence. If you own one, you know you can go places. If you work on one, after a while you realize you can fix most anything, and on other vehicles as well. So having a Rover is a good learning experience. I highly recommend the DIY path, as it can save money, increase skills or revive old ones, and teach you a lot about these vehicles.

As far as charm school, Spike was spot on to point out my mistakes. I certainly did not do as good a job as I should have in projecting an image for this group. I'm lucky that Spike and DM haven't blocked me a long time ago as it is very obvious to most that that I am an OM (obnoxious maximus), with only modest shade tree skills, and the inability to think first and type later.