LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

2014 LR2 - Hood Alarm Sensor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2014 LR2 - Hood Alarm Sensor Replacement

Helllllooooooo from Boston-

This is my first post AND my first LandRover. Purchased a mint LR2 2014 I-4 turbo for a steal at 100k. Since buying this for my wife, I freaking love it. Cold weather package beasts away winter snow/cold. Anyway, first night in the driveway, the alarm starts going off for probably an hour before I realized it was my car. There wasn't much for LR2's on this replacement, so I thought I'd post a how-to with some pics.

1. Step one: remove 4 bolts holding the top of the grille down (pop the hood). Remove two bolts holding the passenger-side headlight down. Remove headlight (note: you have to lift the plastic tab thing at the back of the unit (not pictured)

See my ratchet on one of the hood sensor bolts?

2. With the top grill bolts out, you have enough room to change the sensor. Note that on the LR2, I am pretty sure you have to remove the entire bumper cover to take the grille off, unlike with the LR3 videos. Here though, just removing the top 4 grill bolts will give you the space you need to remove the sensor.

3. Unplug sensor at the back (pain in the ***, be careful, use pliers, and be sure to depress the release tab at the top).

4. two bolts holding the old sensor in place. Then release the hood-latch wire with pliers. It pops out of place. Don't break it.

Use pliers to unhook the hood latch release wire.

5. If all of this seems like a waste of time, skip steps 1-4 and just insert a paper clip into the sensor wire. Cut it down to about 3/4 inch long, and bend it to the shape of a heavy duty staple. Stick the two resulting prongs into the sensor wire's holes. I did this for a week while waiting for the new part. Worked like a charm. I should not have even ordered a new sensor....as I'll now prob deal with this issue again in 4 more years lol.

-Phil

PS- does anyone know about how to actually remove the front grille? Do you have to take off the bumper? Thanks.