Transmission Fault message and check engine light - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 AM

Default Transmission Fault message and check engine light

I am having problems with my 2008 LR 2 check engine light coming on. When the used car dealer sold me the car last year it had transmission problem which I did not know at the time. Once I discovered it I took it back and the dealer had a transmission shop fix it, however the check engine light keeps coming on as well as the message "transmission fault". Sometimes the check engine light will stay off for a day then come back on but the transmission fault message comes on whenever I drive for about 10-20 minutes. I have had some other shops including the original shop look at this a no one can get that check engine light to stop coming on. I am thinking of going to a Land Rover service department to help. Before I do that and spend more $$ I was hoping some of you could help me out or at least tell me what I am getting myself into. Thanks for your responses.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:53 AM

Has anyone actually pulled the error code? It might be more descriptive than "Transmission Fault"
Old 08-11-2017, 12:28 PM

Ok. I will have someone pull the code and see what it says exactly.