LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 LR3 Cruise Control not always working Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 06 LR3 Cruise Control not always working Ideas?

I have had my new to me 2006 LR3 HSE for just over a month. Overall I am quite happy except for a few issues.

1)The cruise control doesn't always work. When I press the + button the cruise will not set, light doesn't come on dash either. Is there a fuse I should check? I have made sure the terrrain response is off and HDC is off etc.

2)Gas cap doesn't tighten all the way, It feels like the threads are stripped. At first I assumed that the previous owner had put on the wrong car but the tether is in place. I may be able to get this replaced free as it is part of the emissions system.

3)No lumbar adjustment on the 06. Sucks.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cruise control does the same thing, if I have driven it as a manual, or changed the ride height during that running period. Shut the Rover off, restart, and that does it for me.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Mudding

No dice on the drive this afternoon. Perhaps cruise doesn't work until transmission reached certain temp? I couldn't find a dedicated fuse for the cruise control. Perhaps it is one of the fuseable links?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine does this too. if i have some time this week i will pull my car in the shop and plug it in and start scouting for a possible cause. it always flashs the cruise control not permitted on the mfd. restarts sometimes work, and sometimes magical fairies fix it. i have no clue. also my car starts up and is in extended mode.... a lot. it goes nuts but eventually resolves itself after a bit. i do have the shortened height sensor rods installed pretty much all the time and i would not believe that they are not contributing somehow or another

Old 05-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the cc not permited is generally caused by the clockspring going o/c at times, however, i havent seen it not function at all, but could easily be the same issue. does the car tell you to check the fuel cap? or does it just not feel right? either way, it is not covered by the emissions warr. but if the car tells you to check it, then it means you have an EVAP system leak thatll need to be checked out and repaired, or you will not pass an emissions test when its time

Old 05-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by roverguy7
the cc not permited is generally caused by the clockspring going o/c at times, however, i havent seen it not function at all, but could easily be the same issue. does the car tell you to check the fuel cap? or does it just not feel right? either way, it is not covered by the emissions warr. but if the car tells you to check it, then it means you have an EVAP system leak thatll need to be checked out and repaired, or you will not pass an emissions test when its time
1) Cruise Control works if I hit the button with a balled fist. Seriously. It then works for the remainder of the time the car is running. None of the other buttons on the left side seem to work though. Ever.

2)The gas cap is weird. It feels exactly like a stripped bolt, tightens, tightens, and then goes loose again. It never slicks or tightens up.No error messages assoc with the cap which I would have expected.

3) The lack of lumbar was shocking. Some weird issue with the 06 HSE's I guess.

If these are the worst of my Rover issues then I consider myself lucky.