LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension - Height setting possible

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 08:56 AM
Winching
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Air suspension - Height setting possible

I'm getting an air suspension fault but can't seem to get a code using my Nanocom. I just keep getting CODE: UO132 Lost communication with ride level ctrl module.

I'm also getting 4 other similar codes all that are lost communication such as the tire pressure even though I don't have tire pressure monitors.

I also don't have the center dash screen so I'm unable to see 4x4 mode

While using the Nanocom to to diagnose the air suspension the Height control page shows the following picture.

Rear Right Actual Height is not a stable number changed by 1 up or down from -6

Also, I have put the LR3 into off-road mode and pulled the fuzes. Rear barely lost any air after 48 hours. The front lost about 3/4 an inch. So I am thinking the bags are good but possible front valve block is leaking back into the system but not enough to throw a code.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You lost communications errors may be related to the begiining of a failure in your instrument cluster. In otther words you don't have a suspension failure so much as a comminication issue within the vehicle modules and often that all comes together in the instrument panel.
Does a Nanocom allow you to read the inputs a,d outputs? I've also had suspension issues and I could look up the air pressure and control state of the compressor,

Old 08-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Winching
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts

Yes the Nanocom has the ability to see the inputs for actual heights, valve % for each corner, reservoir valve%, exhaust valve %, front and rear cross link valve% gallery pressure, compressor temp and motor temp

I think you may be on to something about the instrument panel. This morning I drove the LR3 when it was around 82 degrees outside. Late afternoon I took another drive and the temp reading was 82 even though it was in the 90's outside and the low fuel light came one. I stopped the engine to run into a store and when I started it back up the temp instantly changed and the gas level changed as well with more gas showing and the light was off.

I just solved water getting in the front right sill. The fob works but there was a lot of water surrounding the wires in this area.