LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension problem driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 717 Likes on 603 Posts

TPMS programing is automatic. Sunroof calibration anyone can do with a finger. Some of those features are just marketing selling points. Also you cant do any software updates or edit the LR3s CCF. So it can not do all the things a GAP tool can, which also has a fill support team that knows Rovers very well and can help you out.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

You're welcome and best of luck.

FWIW, the GAP folks, in my estimation, are not big guys squeezing out the little guys....they just make a bang-up product and are awesome at support. The more you hang around this message board (and others) the more you will see that GAP has some real market penetration and it's because the IIDTool is just that good.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:59 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So Land Rover here in Spokane wants $150 just for doing a calibration. That's not going to happen. I despise dealers.... I tried to do what you said and offer them $50. They said no. Probably need to talk to the right person... oh well.

Anybody have luck with RSW solutions? I don't want to get the IIDtool simply because I will most likely sell this LR3 and get an LR4 soon. I don't want to get a Vin locked device for the price they are asking.

Last edited by paulblake; 08-01-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:42 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 211 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by paulblake
So Land Rover here in Spokane wants $150 just for doing a calibration. That's not going to happen. I despise dealers.... I tried to do what you said and offer them $50. They said no. Probably need to talk to the right person... oh well.

Anybody have luck with RSW solutions? I don't want to get the IIDtool simply because I will most likely sell this LR3 and get an LR4 soon. I don't want to get a Vin locked device for the price they are asking.
For $25 you can swap the license to your next vehicle, they may even do it for free if after a short period.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 717 Likes on 603 Posts

$150 seems like a fair price for a dealer calibration.

RSW solutions sucks, I would avoid. I have the software and its buggy. And there is no support at all.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Camel Trophy

I got the dealer to calibrate mine for $50 but to be fair I was in there for other service already, so that likely contributed to their willingness, plus they are my people.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

My tool calibrates and costs 60 bucks...... for whatever that's worth. Works on as many Rovers as you want for free too.

If you're in the Redmond area I'll give you a hand with this. I also have been heading out to Spokane many times the last few months. I'll keep my tool with me and if I happen to be out your way soon, I'll drop you a line. I'm not expert on this but I got mine working with a little trial and error. Houm_wa is right I believe, you've a calibration issue and it should be a simple fix.

The following users liked this post:
paulblake (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2K
My tool calibrates and costs 60 bucks...... for whatever that's worth. Works on as many Rovers as you want for free too.

If you're in the Redmond area I'll give you a hand with this. I also have been heading out to Spokane many times the last few months. I'll keep my tool with me and if I happen to be out your way soon, I'll drop you a line. I'm not expert on this but I got mine working with a little trial and error. Houm_wa is right I believe, you've a calibration issue and it should be a simple fix.
Thanks for this, this is great! What tool do you have?

Old 08-02-2020, 08:39 PM
Drifting
Default A couple more issues they may be worth pointing out

So I have also noticed that when I first start up the truck and select normal ride height the truck list to the left (driver side) pretty bad. But when I start driving it figures itself out. That is of course until I get to highway speed and the everything deflates as I have said before with the fault codes.

the other thing is that the pump does seem to take a while to fill the air reservoir. Sometimes it airs up and shuts off within a minute or two. Other times it can run for 5 min or more. This usually happens when the truck is listing to the drivers side as I stated above. Nothing is leaking it is just having a hard time figuring itself out I think.

You guys are probably right about the calibration. I just thought I would mention these things in case they could point to something else.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Camel Trophy

We aren't "probably" right, we are 100% right. That is where the "Cross Articulation" Fault is coming from. It doesn't mean there aren't other things potentially happening but the calibration is what's dropping you down at speed and also may be why your compressor is working harder. I'd fix it sooner rather than later.

Quick Reply: Air suspension problem driving me crazy