LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth music connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 09:24 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth music connectivity

Hi Folks, Can anybody please help me with advice... My LR3 has bluetooth phone connectivity working fine. However although my iPhone 6 pairs ok I cannot play music via bluetooth via the iPhone. If I hit the bluetooth symbol at the bottom of the window when a track is playing on my phone to tell it to play via Landcover there is no landcover in the list only iPhone yet the phone is correctly paired as I can still use the phone via Landcover bluetooth. I can however, play music via an audio lead via the rear seat console port but it says "low power mode" and so the volume is very low - almost inaudible when driving.
Can anybody please advise how to resolve either issue so I can listen to my songs on the road??

Many thanks
Best

Tim

Old 09-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

You can’t play music, only phone calls.

this is your option for Bluetooth unless you buy a cheap Aux in module

https://britishamericanconcepts.com/product/lrbt-1/

Last edited by abran; 09-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 710 Likes on 598 Posts

The bluetooth version does not support music. Bluetooth has protocols, etc. If it could, it would sound like crap. The BT in the LR3/4 just dont have the bandwidth for music - like all early BT gear. I use the AUX in, true the volume is lower but I can play things pretty loud. So make sure you phone volume is also turned up.

The LRBT-1 is cute, but does not support steering button controls. So its really just a very minor step above the AUX input as far as I am concerned.

There is only one market solution that supportBT music with steering controls. But they dont have a stellar reputation for shipping things out. Installation is a little complex, but it is just plug and play like the LRBT-1.
http://www.african-outdoor.com Pricing in S African Rand, the current rate brings the price to about $200 USD with shipping.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I found an inexpensive BT adapter on Amazon which plugs into the rear cigarette port, has Bluetooth built into it and then a short cable that plugs into the AUX port. So for audio just go to AUX and the phone plays over that BT connection. I spent <$20 on mine and it has been great for years.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:50 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkritchie
I found an inexpensive BT adapter on Amazon which plugs into the rear cigarette port, has Bluetooth built into it and then a short cable that plugs into the AUX port. So for audio just go to AUX and the phone plays over that BT connection. I spent <$20 on mine and it has been great for years.

i use a $3 bt adapter i got out of china, bought 4 in case of failures but none so far.