LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarShield Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:14 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CarShield Extended Warranty

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a used LR3 105k miles, one previous owner. I was quoted $3895 from carshield for the powertrain +, see https://carshield.com/policies/Gold%...Powertrain.pdf

$100 deductible

4 yrs/48,000 miles which is probably more miles than we need for this one.

Any advice on whether this would be useful at this point? I have a rudimentary understanding of cars, so I'm really trying to figure out what makes the most sense financially.

No issues thus far, but reading through some of the posts this might come in handy. The one thing this policy does not cover which might need replacing within the next few years is the air suspension (no issues at the moment, but I've heard it can be finicky)

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdyson
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a used LR3 105k miles, one previous owner. I was quoted $3895 from carshield for the powertrain +, see https://carshield.com/policies/Gold%...Powertrain.pdf

$100 deductible

4 yrs/48,000 miles which is probably more miles than we need for this one.

Any advice on whether this would be useful at this point? I have a rudimentary understanding of cars, so I'm really trying to figure out what makes the most sense financially.

No issues thus far, but reading through some of the posts this might come in handy. The one thing this policy does not cover which might need replacing within the next few years is the air suspension (no issues at the moment, but I've heard it can be finicky)

Thanks!
I'd be all over that but the non-coverage of the EAS is a bugger because that's likely to be your money-maker. What about suspension hardware that isn't EAS related like lower control arms?

I'd strongly consider it.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:16 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
I'd be all over that but the non-coverage of the EAS is a bugger because that's likely to be your money-maker. What about suspension hardware that isn't EAS related like lower control arms?

I'd strongly consider it.
Thanks for the reply. I'll confirm with CS is the morning regarding the hardware. I asked specifically about the Air Suspension only.