LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cd player won't load

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd player won't load

Hi,

I just bought a used LR3 SE and the one thing that I didn't check is whether or not the CD Player would load. Turns out, it won't. I tried loading one at a time and hitting the "load all" function (and selecting it through the menu), but I'm getting nothing. It says loading for a fraction of a second and then "No disks". Anyone had this problem and know of a solution (besides buying a new head unit)?

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cd player won't load

i just figured this out 2 days ago i had the same thing
i thought somthing was stuck
you have to select which cd number you want it put into
so select into the cd and then push 1 on your preset and insert the cd
then for the next cd select 2 up to 6 cd's
it will pop up load disc
if that dosent make since let me know and i will go out to the car wheni get home and go thru the sequenceand explain it again i just figured it out 2 days ago i hadent put a cd in since i had bought it until sunday when i thought i havent tried the cd player yet when i was running some erronds so i bought a cd and figured it out
also check your manual it should be in their if you dont have one you MUST get one
check e bay or call who you bought it from and track it down it is a must
have in you vehicle at all times. ther are sequences you must go thru in order to start the vehile after an accident so it is a must have and im not a munual guy i just figure it out
but you need it on this vehicle

Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
5th Gear

yeah, i tried that and it says "loading" for a split second and then it goes back to "No Disc, Select 1-6". It's pretty frustrating, but I've got it at the Land Rover tech today, so I'm hoping that they can figure something out. I really don't want to have to hassle with the dealer again to get money for it (since it's used and out of warranty). I'd rather it just work...

Old 01-27-2008, 08:02 PM
5th Gear

FYI - I took it into the local land rover shop (Rover Techs in Arizona), and all they had to do was hook the head unit up to a computer and reprogram it. Apparently, they sometimes get messed up when the battery runs out and have to be reprogrammed. Beats $700 for a new head unit. If this ever happens to you, just call around to see who can do it.