LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver door lock actuator replacement 2005 LR3

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024 | 09:22 PM
|
Mudding
Default Driver door lock actuator replacement 2005 LR3

Hi guys,
ok new project! I must confess I’m stumped at a standstill.
The drivers side front door actuator has failed. I purchased a new OEM unit and started the disassembly today. I’m at a standstill. I can’t get my hand in to release the glass hold down clips.Especially the one near the front of the door. I lowered the window down about a third and I still can’t reach in through the speaker opening to release the pressure clip so the glass can be pulled out. Can someone please tell me what my next move should be. I’m certain if I can get the glass out of the way I’ll be able to complete the replacement Thankyou!

Old 06-20-2024 | 07:43 AM
Mudding

Youtube has some useful videos on the door actuator, and depending on the underlying problem there may be some 'cheats' available. The first question will be what is the nature of the failure. If the door clicks locked and sounds locked but does not actually lock, you might have an issue with a white plastic tab having broken off inside the mechanism.

These videos address the actuator situation as to when the lock no longer actually locks as a result of the white plastic tab having broken:
  • cheat approach without removing the actuator:
  • good up close view of the tab having broken:

I haven't watched this next one all the way through but the Powerful UK team does good videos (and have some great products too) and they did the full actuator removal here:

I have to do this repair myself and I plan to go through the actuator itself to bend the metal tab first. Again, your issue might be different, but having the white plastic tab break seems to be a common issue. Good luck,
- scooter