LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issues - Cruise, Tire Pressure, Parking Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 11:56 AM
jh.
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Electrical Issues - Cruise, Tire Pressure, Parking Sensor

Hi all - I have another thread regarding my hood latch sensor issues. Could the "HOOD OPEN" be related to these issues that just popped up in the past week:

1) I cannot turn the cruise control on. Today it actually did turn on briefly (first time in a week), then a service engine light popped and cruise shut down. Haven't been able to turn it back on since.

2) The only faults my GAP is reading are related to Tire Pressure and Parking Sensors. Both have been programmed "off" (via GAP) haven't been an issue for months (yeah, the beeping turns on when I back up, but no faults...side question: can I turn this beeping off?). What happened to turn these 'faults' back on, while they are clearly marked 'off.'

I have ARB bumpers and non-OEM rims, so both alerts are worthless.

So: are these related to the hood latch and the HOOD OPEN warnings?

Atlantic British said I may either have a wiring issue or my hood needs adjustment. The irony of the latter is that my Land Cruiser has a wobbly hood and also needs an adjustment...so now both my rigs have no A/C and hood issues.

TIA

Old 09-15-2023, 03:57 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 725 Likes on 609 Posts

Not sure why they would say to adjust the hood, the sensor is in the latch so as long as the hood is latched, the sensor would show a closed hood. Usually the sensor fails. The sensor is only for security, nothing to do with cruise that I am aware of. Are you stock tire sizes? Did you mess with tire/wheel sizes in GAP? Cruise can also have issues with the small wiring harness within in the wheel, the one that connects the switches to the clock spring.

Old 09-16-2023, 09:26 AM
jh.
Drifting

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Not sure why they would say to adjust the hood, the sensor is in the latch so as long as the hood is latched, the sensor would show a closed hood. Usually the sensor fails. The sensor is only for security, nothing to do with cruise that I am aware of. Are you stock tire sizes? Did you mess with tire/wheel sizes in GAP? Cruise can also have issues with the small wiring harness within in the wheel, the one that connects the switches to the clock spring.
Slightly larger than stock and yes, I programmed them into the GAP. Should I undo that?

Ive had gremlins with both my D2 and RRS. All of these “glitches” happening at once has me a little concerned.

Old 09-16-2023, 08:52 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 725 Likes on 609 Posts

I would go back to previous settings. If the math is off, cruise will not work. If the math is off a lot, ABS/Traction will go out. I adjusted my settings for larger tires and had cruise control issues. And when I was way off, ABS would go out. Right now I am "pretty close" to where I want to be. But speedo still shows 2mph faster than I am actually going and if I take a curved ramp at high speed traction kicks in. No faults though. Still better than showing 75mph when I am in fact doing 81mph... Point being though, the adjustments are finicky and not logical. One should, in theory, just enter the size tires they have and it should all work - but it does not. You have to fudge things around and the slightest chance can make or break things.

Old 09-23-2023, 08:58 AM
jh.
Drifting

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
I would go back to previous settings. If the math is off, cruise will not work. If the math is off a lot, ABS/Traction will go out. I adjusted my settings for larger tires and had cruise control issues. And when I was way off, ABS would go out. Right now I am "pretty close" to where I want to be. But speedo still shows 2mph faster than I am actually going and if I take a curved ramp at high speed traction kicks in. No faults though. Still better than showing 75mph when I am in fact doing 81mph... Point being though, the adjustments are finicky and not logical. One should, in theory, just enter the size tires they have and it should all work - but it does not. You have to fudge things around and the slightest chance can make or break things.
This seems to have fixed everything but the “Hood Open” issue. Thanks.