LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE REDUCE PERFORMANCE ON MY LR3

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Post post script:

When my lr3 had this message on the screen, it was accompanied by a check engine light with misfire codes. I had at least one bad coil, not the diode/capacitor/condenser.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all that info!

Such a long story. I have codes and lights and on screen messages coming at me left and right. This Rover feels like one of my kids...MOMMY,MOM,MOTHER,MOM,MOMMY LOL

They say this diode kept being suggested for different issues. BUT now my Reduced Engine Performance and Dashboard Light are off. Here is another thread where I tried to explain SOME of what was going on and what I did... https://landroverforums.com/forum/ge...e-light-60481/

Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Roverguy7 posted the photos a little while back here:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...service-59972/

Old style:

updated style:

The following users liked this post:
vic7780 (08-08-2019)
Old 12-26-2014, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear
Default diode

Originally Posted by rinmud
guarentee the diode on the coil pack is failing , sometimes intermittant sometimes totally. Its beneath the top cover in the engine bay and it looks like a thumb drive for computers. its 18 bucks if you go to a ford dealer and show them it. just tell them your a redneck with a 2004 f-150 scott
I am having the same issue and the dealer doesn't know what part I am talking about m any chance you can post a picture?

Old 12-26-2014, 10:55 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by rinmud
guarentee the diode on the coil pack is failing , sometimes intermittant sometimes totally. Its beneath the top cover in the engine bay and it looks like a thumb drive for computers. its 18 bucks if you go to a ford dealer and show them it. just tell them your a redneck with a 2004 f-150 scott
I am new to this so I am sorry if it posts twice. Dealer know what part I am talking about. Do you have a picture or lr part#
Thank you

Old 12-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sfera
I am new to this so I am sorry if it posts twice. Dealer know what part I am talking about. Do you have a picture or lr part#
Thank you
https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...e4/#post409744

Old 12-07-2017, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Default First try this

I just had this happen to me. I was on a long road trip with really windy conditions and a lot of dust. Halfway tof my destination and just after fueling the message popped up. Horrible feeling. I turned off the car and restarted but message persisted. Made it home and read all these messages. Almost tried some of these suggestions. I had to fly out the next day so just resolved to take it to the dealer. Fearing the most likely $1000 bill. I decided to check the air filter first. It was awful. Replaced it and bam. No more message or problem. So before you replace sensors, chips, spark plugs, try changing your air filter. Hope this helps.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:35 PM
3rd Gear
Default Did this and I am still getting this error code reduce engine performance

I cleaned the MAF and also the throttle and did not see it fix my problem. In fact it almost seems like it made it worse where the car turned off for the first time. Wondering if there is a sensor that I need to reset after this or reset the car ? I have replace coils, water pumps you name it and have not been able to fix this issue. I have not replaced the MAF or the throttle. My car is a LR3 06 and is at 197k please help. I feel like the shop just keeps telling me to replace parts but it never fixes the issue. Anyone else have this problem after doing the cleaning ?????

Originally Posted by jotaeme
My wife's LR3 2006 (8 cyl) got that message a couple of weeks ago. (“REDUCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE"). The truck would get the message and sometimes the message will go away without further consequences. Some other times the truck would stall. Fortunately if the truck stalled, it would turn back on without problem. REALLY ANNOYING though. After observing the truck for a week it was clear that something was not right with the fuel/air intake system. The right mixture of gas/air was not appropriate. Sometimes when IDLE the rpm would vary a lot bet 500 and 1500 rpm. The check engine light came up only once; we took it to our mechanic (NO NEED FOR DEALER if you're out of warranty)... and the computer that read the codes gave a bunch of non-relevant error messages. So, cleaned MAF and did nothing. Changed Air Filter and did nothing. (Thanks Jantiz in this forum for pointing out the TB). THEN CLEANED THE THROTTLE BODY (TB) and problem SOLVED. And you don't have to go to dealer to do it, unless you want to pay between US $ 200 and US $ 350 for a very simple job. Basically go to any advance auto part or like store, buy a spray-can of THROTTLE BODY CLEANER (I used CRC). Go to Dealer and buy the TB gasket (US $ 2.50). And get dirty for 1 hour. 1) Remove engine cover.
2) Unplug plastic wiring plug on the TB.
3) Unscrew fastener that holds the air duct to the TB.
4) Unscrew 4 screws holding TB in place (Very visible and accessible).
5) Remove TB and gasket. (Make sure to disconnect the two small rubber hoses attached to TB).
6) Now take TB aside and clean it thoroughly with the SPRAY CLEANER and a lint free cloth. Make sure you open a close the butterfly inside the TB while spraying it. Use the lint free cloth to remove the gunk that was not removed by the spray itself. Wet the cloth and clean the mouth of the TB receiver in the engine.
Once the TB is crystal clean, mount it back USING THE NEW GASKET and reversing the steps above. Obviously, if you don't want to Do it yourself, just take it to your mechanic and have it cleaned.
I Hope your issue is solved and the REDUCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE light is gone now.