LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exploded Parts Diagram Source

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Exploded Parts Diagram Source

I am looking at a 2007 Range Rover Sport with some front end damage. No structural damage, hood and fender. The bumper was removed and not put back on. It will need a fender, hood and bumper spray. Current owner bought all new lights, fogs, etc. I am trying to find a source for an exploded parts diagram to see what parts I am going to need. This has been sitting for 5 years, only has 25k miles on it. Other than the rats' nest in the lower glove box, it doesn't look like anyone has ever even sat in the truck. No telling what damage the rats have done. I need to get a battery and turn the key to see what lights come up. Any help is appreciated. Phil

Old 03-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

A dealership's part department might be your best bet, there are some online catalogs, but I have only seen them in Russian.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default All Data subscription

For what you want, a one year subscription to All data is the answer.

You will need much more than an exploded view to get it going. In addition to parts views, there are wiring diagrams and lots of other stuff as well that you will also need.

I have it for my LR3; you can order one for the RRS per below.

https://www.alldatadiy.com/alldatadi...000~R0~OF1~N/0

Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Or, you can download Microcat and I believe it will provide you with exactly what you're looking for... exploded parts diagrams. Not the easiest thing to get working and definitely not the easiest thing to use, but I came across it in another forum when I was looking for my LR3 because I wanted a way to determine whether the trucks I was looking at had the HD package. I actually had one person telling me that he had the HD package w/full size spare, but I plugged it in Microcat and it said "nope".

Anyway, you can find the 2009 version of the program and some basic instructions to get going here: Land Rover Microcat – November 2009 - Land Rover Technical Blog

Old 03-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Default Yes, Microcat is good.

I use both Microcat and All Data - one seems to complement the other, and yes, to get Microcat working, you best understand computers even better than your 3.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the ideas. I tried the Microdat method, didn't get too far, ended up downloading something that wanted to take over my computer. My office manager was pretty irritated with me. Glad it wasn't anything ....... you get the idea. I did find a parts list at Land Rover Merriam, with diagrams. Great help. Thanks again. Now to decide whether to pull the trigger, I do like the lines of the Range Rover Sport, but it is smaller than the LR3, same drivetrain, same suspension, not sure that it is an upgrade, the miles are attractive, only about 25k, but the dead rat in the glove box and what that might entail with smell, eaten wiring........My LR3 is looking pretty good. Phil

Old 03-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Default corrosion due to urine

In addition to what you can see they eat, mice and rats also get into small aircraft. The real problem is that their urine corrodes whatever and solving that kind of unseen problem is really difficult.

At the same time, if the RRS is near free, well it could be an interesting project. Myself, I regard the Sport as an upscale grocery getter as it is quite fancy and somewhat small to be hauling much around.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Microcat best on your laptop.

Somehow I can understand your office manager not being too keen re Microcat. I think it is best you put it on a laptop as you may have to fool with the calendar date set up to get it to open - that is back date the laptop prior to opening Microcat up.

That is OK on a non connected laptop, but on the office network, not the best.