LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few little electric issues on my LR3.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few little electric issues on my LR3.

Hi everyone,
Having a few little issues with my LR3, it used to have air suspension fault, HDC fault, brake light, parking break light, traction control light on all amber continuously, have noticed when they come on if I do a few ignition cycles they all go away and everything functions as normal. Have not seen them for awhile, but not have just Park Brake light on amber continuously and on the digital display "ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT, TRANSMISSION SYSTEM" but everything seems to function okay(engine and transmission wise) and mileage is good avg. 16.7 MPG and I don't drive it like a granny. Also, drivers side heated seat decided to stop working, all other heated seats work fine and cables are fine and free of defects, as well as connectors look like new, so odd what it could be, and just recently, my alarm system is acting a little wonky. Sometimes door locks with respond perfectly to remotes, other days they will work to lock, but not unlock(or wise versa) and recently it will lock on its own, with lights flashing quickly 6-9 times and when I use manual unlock alarm goes off until I put key in ignition. Any ideas as to what to do?

No major faults, just a bunch of little ones lol! Very grateful for any help.

Its an 05 LR3 SE with the V8 engine and 119k miles.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

A brand new battery and clean up terminals might be a place to start. Too much electronics demands up to snuff battery. If batt seems low to truck, it starts cutting off things to preserve enough charge to start engine. Here is schematic of seats, have their own brain module.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
lr3 heated seats.pdf (545.0 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 06-20-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
A brand new battery and clean up terminals might be a place to start. Too much electronics demands up to snuff battery. If batt seems low to truck, it starts cutting off things to preserve enough charge to start engine. Here is schematic of seats, have their own brain module.
Thanks so much for the schematic, I try and find all the diagrams for different things and never have any luck, will tackle a look through everything tomorrow with the daily light!
Should have mentioned I tried a new battery, cleaned terminals, and checked the computer/connectors that are under/behind the battery, and all looked good. The battery that was in the truck was a newer battery, however it was much lower CCA than OEM, so I replaced with a new interstate with more than enough cca.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts
Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 AM
6th Gear

Had similar problems with mine- nav screen blinked out, has issues with radio, etc. Dealer chalked it up to "dust in the electronics"...believe it or not. My BS meter went off like crazy, but whatever it was...it hasn't acted up again.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 AM
8th Gear

I have an 08 LR3. 70,000miles. I am getting the "Transmission Fault" message, as well as the alarm going bonkers. In addition, one day I will get "Bonnet Open" message or "Hood Open". These messages coincide with the alarm going off for no reason.
The fair Rover still has the original battery. Could replacing sove these issues?
The tranny operates fine, except no sport mode.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

no replace the bonnet switch. that will fix the alarm issue.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
8th Gear

Thanks. I will order one and let you know.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
no replace the bonnet switch. that will fix the alarm issue.
I've been having the same issue with the alarm randomly going off.

Also, the car seems to idles funny at low rpms. It feels like the engine is going to die when I come to a compete stop. if I turn on the AC pretty high and rev the engine while in park and then let off the gas the car does die. I replaced the battery two months ago and just re-checed all the voltages; everything looks good at the battery, the alternator, etc. Could these issues be related to the alarm going off? Voltage regulator? ECU? I'm stumped and I don't want to walk into the dealership without some idea of what's wrong. They looked at it when the battery was replaced and were unable to replicate the problem. They did clean the MAF and blamed the weird idle on the air mix. Then yesterday i put the car into R to back out of the driveway, and while the shift **** was in the right spot the car didn't kick into gear. It took a full 5 seconds and it's never done that.

It feels like electrical gremlins have taken over my car. Any ideas? Its a 2007 LR3 with just short of 75k miles. Thanks!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
8th Gear

Okay, now what? I got a new hood switch from British Atlantic (great folks!) and a new battery. I'm still having the same issues. "Bonnet Open" message flashes up about every 20-30 seconds. Periodically each time I drive it I get the "Transmission Fault!" messaage. The transmission works fine, with one exception: The "D" on the shifter remains lit all of the time, even when in park. I get no response when I shift into Sport mode.

Quick Reply: A few little electric issues on my LR3.