LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give me the push I need....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me the push I need....

Hi guys,

New to this Forum, and Land Rovers, but not new to the Internal Combustion Engine.

My stable consists of:

2001 VW Jetta TDI,
2004 Mini Cooper S,
1974 AM General M151A2, and
1997 Jeep TJ (Sold a few months back).

So as you can see, i'm a sucker for punishment when it comes to vehicles, but I enjoy tinkering in my spare time, so these things provide me with the "Garage Therapy" I crave.

I've always looked at Land Rovers from a distance with a bit of envy. I'm finally in a position to get one.

My simple plan, trade away the Jetta and get into an 05 LR3, then vomit at the difference in Gas Mileage. This will become the road trip wagon.

Heres the specs on it:

2005 LR3 SE,
31000 miles/50000 Km,
Everything but, Nav, Third Row, and Heavy Duty Package,
Just came off of Factory Warranty, maintenance is up to date,
Originally a US rig, but here in Canada now (ordinarily this would scare me, but its being sold by a reputable Rover Dealer). Regardless, i'm gonna get a CARFAX.
For what its worth, it looks brand new.
They are asking $24K CAD.

Sound OK?

Secondly, Extended Warranty. Dealer mentioned I can get a Warranty setup through a Ford subsidiary. I haven't seen the price on it yet, but it sounds like a straight shooting deal.

Anyone have this?

Thanks for the time

Scotty

Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alot of guys have the ford warranty.
Is it the v6 or v8?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by drzjoint
Alot of guys have the ford warranty.
Is it the v6 or v8?
31K Miles
SE V8
Convenience Package
Lighting Package
Premium Audio
Brand New Pirellis

The Warranty is "apparently" backed by Ford, but not actually called Ford. I'm waiting to get the package so I can get the details.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Drifting

I spoke to California Rover in San Diego, and the service tech there told me that he sees less 06's in than 05's for more major service...this was of course before he knew I drove an 06 so its good info, plus the guys at Cali Rover seem very honest and knowledgeable.(master tech worked at LR for 18 years) and the Service Advisor I spoke to worked at LR for 15 years. Just something to chew on for a bit, I picked up an 06 with 26K on the odo, for 27K, its been a great car so far but then again it hasn't even been a month yet!!!! haha.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 PM
4wd High

Well, I took the plunge on it.

I ran a Carfax and a Carproof on it. Both came back clean for the mileage and being accident free, so i'm happy.

I appreciate the info. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent 06 with same mileage in the ballpark. All were close to 30K.

I did get a 3yr, 100K (kms) warranty to be safe.

Thanks guys.

Looking forward to posting here with positive things.

Scotty

Old 07-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by armybuck041
Well, I took the plunge on it.

I ran a Carfax and a Carproof on it. Both came back clean for the mileage and being accident free, so i'm happy.

I appreciate the info. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent 06 with same mileage in the ballpark. All were close to 30K.

I did get a 3yr, 100K (kms) warranty to be safe.

Thanks guys.

Looking forward to posting here with positive things.

Scotty
Congrats what are those running these days(KMS warranty)? I have a little over a year on my factory then I gotta head your way too....so far parts prove on the expensive side...btw, did you get a second key, they can run as much as 425 bucks from a dealer.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by stormtrooper
Congrats what are those running these days(KMS warranty)? I have a little over a year on my factory then I gotta head your way too....so far parts prove on the expensive side...btw, did you get a second key, they can run as much as 425 bucks from a dealer.
Sorry, the warranty is for 3 years/100k kilometers (60k miles). Its through Ford, forget the name. $100 deductable. It was approx 3K CAD. Expensive yes, but going the Rover CPO route would have required me to pay for the months between when the Factory Warranty expired and now. This one is more or less anything but Belts, Brakes and Tires.

I basically got the LR3 with the 3yr/60 warranty for the same total price as similar ones with higher mileage and no warranty.