LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDC, suspension fault, 4x4 screen is incorrect

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Check the actual sensor on the steering shaft (under the dash). Once, mine was loose and throwing all sorts of codes. The sensor only needed to be tightened (and then later I aligned everything properly).

Old 02-27-2018, 09:16 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an update, i found a wire that has become unconnected from either a termination point or from a splice. The wire is olive colored and in a twisted pair with a red wire. it appears to run from the drivers side across to the passenger side. The splice in the wire occurred where the red wire ties into a strand of wires that runs under the passenger door sill, but where as the red wire continues, tying into two other red wires, the olive wire does not appear to have a termination point. I have pulled the wiring diagram and can't seem to locate an olive/red twisted pair and the continuation of the olive colored wire is not apparent. Anyone have any ideas where this wire may terminate or otherwise continue...

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:23 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by lmikeska
As an update, i found a wire that has become unconnected from either a termination point or from a splice. The wire is olive colored and in a twisted pair with a red wire. it appears to run from the drivers side across to the passenger side. The splice in the wire occurred where the red wire ties into a strand of wires that runs under the passenger door sill, but where as the red wire continues, tying into two other red wires, the olive wire does not appear to have a termination point. I have pulled the wiring diagram and can't seem to locate an olive/red twisted pair and the continuation of the olive colored wire is not apparent. Anyone have any ideas where this wire may terminate or otherwise continue...

Thanks in advance.
That may be the same wire I have disconnected. Are you sure it is olive? I thought mine was a olive/brown and it is actually grey (slate on drawings). The wire slate runs up towards fuse block and then I lose it...but I believe it runs across firewall behind glove box towards LH (drivers) side...the wire has discoloured!

i found mine wrapped together with a red wire on RH side (passenger)...the 1 red connects to 2 red wires coming from back passenger side and was wrapped in light blue tape. The slate wire was just bunched together with the bundle on RH side.

From what I have found on Disco3...someone posted a wiring diagram...the slate wire is not connected to anything. I have my 2005 LR3 at dealer right now programming a new transfer case control module and the are looking into my loose wire.

i will advise what they tell me about the wire.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Bhalbach

That may be the same wire I have disconnected. Are you sure it is olive? I thought mine was a olive/brown and it is actually grey (slate on drawings). The wire slate runs up towards fuse block and then I lose it...but I believe it runs across firewall behind glove box towards LH (drivers) side...the wire has discoloured!

i found mine wrapped together with a red wire on RH side (passenger)...the 1 red connects to 2 red wires coming from back passenger side and was wrapped in light blue tape. The slate wire was just bunched together with the bundle on RH side.

From what I have found on Disco3...someone posted a wiring diagram...the slate wire is not connected to anything. I have my 2005 LR3 at dealer right now programming a new transfer case control module and the are looking into my loose wire.

i will advise what they tell me about the wire.
just had call from land rover dealer...they believe the wire is a dead wire and not connected to anything.

Once I have back from dealer I will advise if everything is good.

The attached picture is of the wire I found...I stripped the outer insulation that is why there is copper.

Also correction on my verbage...there is 2 red connected to 2 red in a crimp with blue tape...not “1”. 1 of the red wires coming down from the fuse block area is wrapped together with the slate wire (olive).

Old 02-28-2018, 11:16 AM
7th Gear

Bhalbach, that is the same wire i have that is loose. Just out of curiosity, did your wheels on the 4x4 screen display the wrong direction, e.g., if you were turning right they would show left. The reason i ask is because my wheels stay straight on the 4x4 screen until i turn my wheels, then, regardless of what direction i turn they turn to the left and stay there until the truck is powered off.

Hopefully your issue is fixed, i look forward to your update.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by lmikeska
Bhalbach, that is the same wire i have that is loose. Just out of curiosity, did your wheels on the 4x4 screen display the wrong direction, e.g., if you were turning right they would show left. The reason i ask is because my wheels stay straight on the 4x4 screen until i turn my wheels, then, regardless of what direction i turn they turn to the left and stay there until the truck is powered off.

Hopefully your issue is fixed, i look forward to your update.
My issue is all good. TCCM solved everything.

i had all kinds of stuff going on...HDC, DSC, Parking brake, special programs off, suspension, transmission stuck in low.

i had changed brake switch, brake light bulbs. Checked all fuses, checked TCCM for corrosion and did find some on the pins and cleaned them, checked electrical lines in RH, LH, Centre Console, front wheel wells behind shrowds...nothing made any changes. So I went back to the TCCM and took it out and opened the aluminum box, found the circuit board shorted out.

I had no issues with steering sensors showing incorrectly on the 4x4 screen.

I would pull your battery and remove your TCCM...check the plug pins for corrosion and also open the box carefully to have a visual of the circuit board. Only takes a few minutes and costs nothing to check. All the modules are interconnected in one way or another and anything wrong with that TCCM could easily be your issue. Check carefully for any signs of moisture on the box, pins and intrusion into the box that could affect the circuit board. If nothing looks wrong clean the pins with electrical cleaner an put some dielectric grease on pins...Hard Reset on the Rover with battery cables, reinstall TCCM, clear codes and see if anything changes. If there is any signs of moisture on the circuit board that would likely be it...I’m not sure if/how the TCCM can be tested.

That loose wire...I wouldn’t worry about it if it is the same wire as mine. You could test it to see if there is any power to it with key off and on. Dealer said mine had no power on it.

Pic attached of my circuit board burnt/shorted.

Careful with the tabs on the electrical connections and the tabs that hold the TCCM together...my electrical connections were tight and I broke 1 tab. Once you remove the battery, there is a black plastic cover that clips over the TCCM concealing it and suppose to help with moisture...the clips/tabs may be a bit brittle, they are around the sides and top of the black cover.

Keep me posted what you find.